Jhusker2 made it to the other side!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhusker2

Well, it's been 9 days since my surgery and have to say each day is getting better. I would've wrote sooner, but I have been unable to stare at the computer very long due to feeling a little foggy and disoriented.

I went in for surgery on January 10th at 7:00 am and was in ICU by 1:00 pm. Was only in ICU until 11:00 the next day. The only problem I remember having was gagging on the breathing tube until the nurse told me to "breath with the tube, Jason". After that, I don't even remember them taking it out. Unfortunately, they couldn't repair my mitral valve, so I awoke to the news that I had been given a replacement valve (Edwards- Perimount MAGNA mitral) as well.

Also, I was fortunate to get a private room where I was able to get some sleep. The doctors said I was recovering so well that he released me Thursday afternoon (the 13th). I definitely wasn't expecting to go home so soon (especially when I had full sternotomy), but it was great being on the other side and finally going home.

Thanks again to all of those who lent your thoughts, prayers, and advice thoughout this ordeal. This experience was a little easier to get through knowing what to expect thanks to you!

I am meeting with the surgeon for a follow up appointment this afternoon, so I'll definitely keep everyone posted-

Welcome to the Post Surgery world. It's good to read your positive post. Walk, breathe, rest, and improvement will follow. (I was typing half the words backwards the first time I tried to post after surgery.)

congrats.gif

WOW GREAT REPORT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jason, I happy to read your note. You didn't even stay in the hospital long enough to discover how bad the food could be. On the 4th day after my AVR, I was surprised to hear that I could go home the next morning so I can imagine that you, too, found it surprising that you were released even earlier. Still, once the tubes and things are out and one is stable, home is a much nicer place to be. Take care of yourself, Jason; we will be watching for your next report.

Larry

Latest posts

Back