Jeff Green—NBA Finals with BAV + AA

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Congratulations to Jeff Green!! The Power Forward for the Cleveland Cavaliers—who played a big role in getting them to the finals just 5 years after open heart surgery to repair his aortic anuyerism.

Its really inspiring stuff. I was worried I’d never be able to workout hard again when I found out about mine. Now I know that if a professional athlete gets cleared for what I assume is elite level training, some weights and bike riding will be gravely for me.

He also goes to the Cleveland Clinic just like I do!!

Great story, will be rooting for Celveland !!! Does he also have a BAV? I thought it was just an aneurysm which is not too uncommon in basket ball players given the association with Marfans. Regardless of the reason, truly amazing !!!

Yes, great story about Jeff... but would have been better if Celtics got to the finals. (still a Jeff Green / Celtics connection )

Guest;n883526 said:
Congratulations to Jeff Green!! The Power Forward for the Cleveland Cavaliers—who played a big role in getting them to the finals just 5 years after open heart surgery to repair his aortic anuyerism.

Its really inspiring stuff. I was worried I’d never be able to workout hard again when I found out about mine. Now I know that if a professional athlete gets cleared for what I assume is elite level training, some weights and bike riding will be gravely for me.

He also goes to the Cleveland Clinic just like I do!!

One thing that seems absolutely true, and that this forum has been good for, is realizing that AVR doesn't mean being crippled for life. There is nothing stopping most people with an artificial valve from doing whatever physical things they want to do.

Yes, great story about Jeff... but would have been better if Celtics got to the finals. (still a Jeff Green / Celtics connection )

Nocturne;n883552 said:
One thing that seems absolutely true, and that this forum has been good for, is realizing that AVR doesn't mean being crippled for life. There is nothing stopping most people with an artificial valve from doing whatever physical things they want to do.

I'm so glad you see it that way now.

because its true... a few years after my 2nd OHS (done at 28) I was in Korea, this is right on the edge of the DMZ
DSCN5046.jpg

and then all the cross country ski shots I've posted here over the years

live life and enjoy

Back