Jayaresq Update

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

nanookyaya

Hi everyone!!! I just wanted to let everyone know that Jim's surgery went flawlessly :) We arrived at the hospital at 6:00 a.m. and Jim was in the OR by 7 a.m. At 9 a.m., the sweetest nurse I have ever met (and my two best-friends in the world are nurses, so this is the highest compliment I can give!) came out to tell us that Jim was the perfect patient. His pulse before going into the OR was an amazing 64. He responded to the anesthesia really well (apparently he was thinking about Amanda in her princess costumes :) ), and by 9:00 a.m., the surgeon had already dissected his aortic valve. Jim was out of surgery by 11:30 a.m., and his mother was able to peek her head into the ICU and reported back to me that he is looking "angelic" and that he has good color in his face. I am so relieved :D Thank you everyone for your support throughout this first hurdle. I spoke with Jim's surgeon and he said that everything went so well, he expects Jim to be out of the hospital in five days. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Anyways, he will be out of the ICU tomorrow and I can't wait to see him. I plan on spending the day with him at the hospital, but I will report back to you guys as soon as I get home. Thank you all again for helping Jim and me get through this.

Nathalie,
That is great news! Please give him our best wishes. We just love reports like this. :)

The intial news is great. He still isn't quite out of the woods as of yet. When he's out of ICU, we'll all rest a little more comfortably. The first 24 hours are ths shakiest. Let's get him through that and then we'll all do the happy dance with you. :)

Thank you for updating us! Now get some rest and get ready to go visit him soon. ;)

Great News, Nathalie. Be sure and send Jim all our best wishes tomorrow and update us again when you get a chance. We hope that all goes well and he has a short and uneventful stay in the hospital.

Nathalie,

This is what we like to hear! Thanks for sending us news so promptly. As Ross indicates, getting out of the ICU is another big step (I had to go into overtime with a breathing tube there but sounds like Jim may not have such snags) -- so anyway we will continue to pray for an all-systems-go recovery.

You take care of yourself too and get some rest when you can.

Cheers,

Rob

Nathalie,

Thanks for the update. Sending hugs and good wishes with you on your visit tomorrow.

Great News

Great News

Thanks for posting..Give Jim my best...maybe his daughter can visit in the next few days..Bonnie

Best Wishes....

Best Wishes....

I just want to add my best wishes for recovery and I am glad to hear that he made it through the first part with flying colors....Take care, Harrybaby666 :D :D :D

The initial stage sounds great! I'm glad that Jim is doing so well, and you'll get to see him tomorrow. Try to get some rest tonight; you will be busy once he starts moving around! :) :)

Glad to hear that surgery went so well, and it's now behind him. There might be a few glitches here and there, but I assure you that the docs and nurses know how to take care of all of them. Most important thing is that he's out of surgery and there were no surprises.

Nancy said:
Glad to hear that surgery went so well, and it's now behind him. There might be a few glitches here and there, but I assure you that the docs and nurses know how to take care of all of them. Most important thing is that he's out of surgery and there were no surprises.

Great news Nathalie! Give Jim our best wishes for continued recovery . Be extra patient with him the next few days, weeks... he may not be himself right afterwards... I hear that all will settle down in time.

God bless,

Tom

Keep us posted and remember there are alot of people out there praying for all of you! :)

Hi all! I just got back from spending the day with Jim at the hopital and I am pleased to say that he is doing really well. They moved him out of the ICU around noon today and he is now relatively comfortable in his room. He has great color in his face and, even better, a great sense of humor. He has been cracking everyone up and is always smiling, so everyone at the hospital loves him as usual. His pain seems to be controlled well. Every two and a half hours or so, they inject him with dilauded (sp?), whatever it is, it seems to do the trick really well. The nurses have told me that they will be taking him off of it tomorrow. I hope that Jim isn't in a lot of pain, but a few people have told me that tomorrow will be the worst day. I printed out all of your posts to show to Jim and he was really touched by all of your kind words and prayers. Thank you guys so much. I am sorry that I can't post more, but I am headed back to the hospital to spend the night and I need to make it back before visiting hours are over. Talk to you soon!

Thanks, Nathalie. We were anxiously awaiting this update and we are so glad to hear that he is doing so well. Don't be upset if there are any little bumps in the road- they sometimes happen and usually resolve themselves with a little help from the doctors. Wear some comfortable shoes, you'll be walking the halls with him before you know it! :)

Back