I've crossed the line into severe and need to make a decision

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The hard part is over. Congrats, You made it! Stay ahead of the pain with the pain relievers. It gets better every day.

Indeed. Drugs are natural. They’re just highly refined. They don’t give out trophies for pain tolerance and they certainly don’t discount your bill any.

Better living through chemistry is what I say!

Chuck, best of luck. Keep us posted. And whatever you do...don't be a hero. Keep ahead of the pain. Remember to assign humor whenever possible. Can't wait to hear your story.
Believe me I’m not trying to be a hero. I’m trying to stay ahead of the pain. Fell behind it last night. Painful night. No sleep. Vitals good and hemodynamics good
Snap (y)

enjoy the recovery
thanks!

The hard part is over. Congrats, You made it! Stay ahead of the pain with the pain relievers. It gets better every day.
thank you!

“Stay ahead of the pain with the pain relievers. It gets better every day.”

Last night was rough. A lot of pain. My night shift nurse was stingy with the pain meds. she was more worried that I might get constipated. Day nurse is awesome and we’re now staying ahead of the pain

thank you!

“Stay ahead of the pain with the pain relievers. It gets better every day.”

Last night was rough. A lot of pain. My night shift nurse was stingy with the pain meds. she was more worried that I might get constipated. Day nurse is awesome and we’re now staying ahead of the pain

Worried about constipation.. the anesthisa has already done that haha.. silly nurse if you ask me.
You take what you need for pain..
Hoping your day gets better and you get some sleep if you can.

They fitted me with a 25mm St Jude. Also got a surprise Dacron sleeve. Surgeon made a judgement call. It called a Bentall procedure
thats actually a good call, for aneurysm is the biggest driver of the need for a redo surgery in a patient with a mechanical ... especially if one has bicuspid history

Worried about constipation..
in my late 20's before I was well acquainted with Kimchi I got constipation from OHS ... its actually pretty much "the norm" after a 10 hour procedure on GA (as is having an unclear head for some months after the procedure).

Kimchi as a small side serving does wonders in helping get the gut going, before they bring out the movicol and then the worse things.

https://www.valvereplacement.org/th...ormally-given-after-surgery.42700/post-777281
This is increasingly an issue as you age.

It is totally no fun straining out a log with a stitched up sternum.

The funny thing is, no clicking sound at all. And I’ve been asking others if they can hear anything and nobody can. I wonder if they’ve modified something
My theory is that the swollen inflamed tissue all around that area and body, muffles the noise. After the tissue normalizes, the sound comes through. How many pounds did you gain?
I can hear mine now. Couldn't for at least the first week.

My theory is that the swollen inflamed tissue all around that area and body, muffles the noise. After the tissue normalizes, the sound comes through. How many pounds did you gain?
I can hear mine now. Couldn't for at least the first week.
I haven’t gained more than one or 2 pounds

I think it's awsome you can post messages that make sense! Great encouragement for me, my surgery, including aorta graft, is 4-13 and I hope to be doing half as well as you are. Keep it up bro!

Congrats - trust me, it only gets better. And re the constipation. Let's just say my bowels went to sleep post surgery and awakened sometime late at night on Day 3 with me running to the bathroom and not making it. (Thankfully, the night nurse didn't make me feel badly about the mess 😱.) Gruesome, but the fact that I was getting out of bed quickly without any help made me realize how far I had come in such a short period of time. You'll have some great stories, too! 😬. Just use the spirometer faithfully, walk as much as you can and the fun part will be YOU watching YOU progress. In a few weeks you will probably be blown away by how far you have come - something to look forward to, even if it doesn't feel that way now. Glad to hear they did you aneurysm. One less thing to worry about down the road. Onward...!

Back