I've been approved!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superman

After 19 years plus of repeated stabbings, looks like I might be able to join the ranks of the home testers.

No out of pocket costs this year (since I already hit my out of pocket max with surgery), then just my deductible (which we always hit anyway) followed by $14 / month for my co-insurance on supplies after that. Seems my insurance company doesn't classify it as Durable Medical Equipment (50% co-pay) but rather Medical Supplies, which are only 10% co-insurance.

Cool stuff.

Probably good for me. I've been on warfarin since I was 18. During some of those years (most), I didn't get down to the lab nearly as often as I should have. Scary to admit now, but I've been known to go six months without making the time.

My cardiologist's office has a coumadin clinic that arranged the whole thing for me. They contacted my insurance and the equipment provider, all I have to do is say okay. To think all that time I was having my regular doctor monitor. Live and learn I suppose.

It depends on the E code on whether your insurance company covers testing supplies.
At one time, QAS was listing them as E-1399, which is DME. Then when QAS went out of network, I had to change to Raytel, which used a different code, and UHC would not cover the testing supplies. My company's contract with UHC only covered testing supplies for diabetics, not for warfarin patients who had home testing machines.

I haven't bothered to see if Aetna will cover testing supplies. I just buy them on my own and use my FSA account for reimbursement.

Latest posts

Back