IV Lasix

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mom2angel

Premium Level User
Supporting Member
Hi, Does anyone know if there is criteria we have to meet to be given a dose of IV Lasix in America?
I want to go in and request IV Lasix tomorrow so I can feel better, but I also think maybe I should hold off so Mayo can see what shape I am in on Thursday.

I should have given more details. I'm currently taking 80mg oral Lasix daily along with 50mg Spironolactone daily. I have a lot of fluid in my abdomen and I feel like the Lasix isn't working well anymore. Fluid in the abdomen can cause the Lasix to not be absorbed well. I was hoping to take some of this fluid off to be more comfortable. However, I have decided to wait. I go to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester for tests this Thirsday. I want them to see me at my worst, so they can properly access me. So, I'll just deal with the fluid and fatigue a few more days. Maybe Mayo will give me IV Lasix.
Thanks

In America, the doctor can advise you that it is not good to do IV lassix as you are taking the oral pill. You would have the same problems no matter the method. Best talk to your doctor about other options.

Latest posts

Back