It's over!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csutherland

My husbands AVR and one bypass were done on Tuesday, the 12th. He was moved from intensive care to a regular room about 2:00 pm today and is doing very well. His was first thing yesterday and it only took about 3 hrs. The aortic valve was heavily calcified and replaced with the St Jude's. The surgeon said he should feel much better than before when he gets recuperated. No one had any idea that he had a blockage until the heart cath on Mon. An artery in back of the heart (something with the word "obtuse" in it) was 90% blocked so that bypass was done as well.

He retired last Thursday. Hopefully he'll have a lot of good years ahead!

C - It is great to hear about your husband's successful surgery. And it is especially good news since he had that blockage and it was discovered and fixed before it became a real problem. Also, congratulations on his retirement. I guess that means he can take his time with recovery. Good luck to you and him.

Hi C,

That is indeed good news. Seems many have shared good news with us here today. I hope your husband has a speedy, and healthy recovery so that he can really start to enjoy life!

Lucky guy.... no more 8 to 5. Please wish him a happy retirement for me.

Rob

What a nice retirement gift. A new heart, all shiny and cleaned up, and a wonderful new life ahead. Congratulations on the successful surgery. I'm glad for you both that it's behind you. So smooth sailing!

Dear C - congratulations on your husband's retirement - and successful surgery. Once he gets back on the road after recuperation, you can get on with your great retirement years ahead. Give him my best wishes - and prayers are for you both. God bless

All right! New heart, retired...sounds like time to hit the beach for some relaxation and think about getting some new hobbies! Wahoo!

Great news about your husband's retirement and even better news about the successful heart surgery. I wish him a speedy recovery and I wish both of you many happy years together in retirement.
Live every day to the fullest and do some of those things you've wanted to do for a long time. All the best --- Ron K

Back