It's My Second Anniversary....

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WayneGM

....And all is well!!!!! :D

Except for some itchiness and occasional tenderness around the incision (unfortunately it went keloid), I'm pretty much as good as new. I still get the occasional back, neck, and shoulder pains in damp weather, but not nearly as bad as a year ago.

I don't know if anyone remembers my first anniversary post, but I'm still trying to live a more balanced life and take the time to smell the roses. As some of you may know, I lost my job in Toronto (over an hour commute each way) back in October and it's forced me to step back and look at my life and at options I had never considered before. In fact, I've come to realize I was too complacent in my job and I really don't have any desire to return to the career I had for the past 30 years, so I am now exploring completely different self-employment opportunities locally, probably through a franchise of some kind. I'm getting help with this through my career transition advisor. I don't know what business yet (I'm looking a several concepts right now) but getting "packaged" has given me the means, time, and reason to explore this path. Frankly if I never have to commute to the Toronto downtown core again it will be too soon. Anyway, I digress.....the point is my life is truly back to normal post op and is GREAT!!!! Much thanks goes to the camaraderie and support provided here. Thank you. :)

Congratulations Wayne, glad you are doing so well, best of luck with the career and thanks for being here.

WayneGM said:
....And all is well!!!!! :D

Except for some itchiness and occasional tenderness around the incision (unfortunately it went keloid), I'm pretty much as good as new. I still get the occasional back, neck, and shoulder pains in damp weather, but not nearly as bad as a year ago.

I don't know if anyone remembers my first anniversary post, but I'm still trying to live a more balanced life and take the time to smell the roses. As some of you may know, I lost my job in Toronto (over an hour commute each way) back in October and it's forced me to step back and look at my life and at options I had never considered before. In fact, I've come to realize I was too complacent in my job and I really don't have any desire to return to the career I had for the past 30 years, so I am now exploring completely different self-employment opportunities locally, probably through a franchise of some kind. I'm getting help with this through my career transition advisor. I don't know what business what yet (I'm looking a several concepts right now) but getting "packaged" has given me the means, time, and reason to explore this path. Frankly if I never have to commute to the Toronto downtown core again it will be too soon. Anyway, I digress.....the point is my life is truly back to normal post op and is GREAT!!!! Much thanks goes to the camaraderie and support provided here. Thank you. :)

Wayne,
Congrats on 2 years!!! Wishing many more....Also wish you luck in whatever you undertake, I know this must be an exciting time for you....I got "packaged" (love the way you put it) nearly 15 years ago....educated in engineering, worked in engineering and did not realize but hated nearly every minute of it.....People always ask me "how the hell do you go from engineering to the car business?"......I just reply "Divine providence".....I am sure you will do very well in whatever you decide to pursue.

Wayne, congratulations on your 2 yrs.:)
Your upcoming change of career should prove to be challenging, exciting, and just what you need.
My husband was "packaged" exactly 2 yrs ago, and he is still happy and fresh in his new job.
He is a new person....no more stress, no anxiety, no depression. Just good stuff! :)

Wow nice story and thank you for sending it. I am so happy to hear you are doing so well.

I also want to Thank you for always answering us. It always amazes me how the same people are right there to always reply and help out.

Thanks....
Just Kathy M

Congratulations Wayne! Amazing how divine providence can intervene and create a different reality, one that is better! Sounds like you are doing really well, wonderful attitude and outlook! Thanks for always being there with your input and encouragment...I know for me personally it was such a positive to see a fellow harley rider who had OHS and bounced back to continue to ride and enjoy life! Thanks again and Happy Anniversary!

Congrats Wayne!!!! All things happen for a reason. Good luck in all that you want to do!!:)

HI Wayne. I just happened to stop in here. Something I don't do much anymore. Congrats on your 2nd year of new life! Lookin forward to spring riding yet?

just wondering

just wondering

Does anyone else find that their scar is a brighter shade of red at different times I am one year out. Naturally a hot shower does it. If it does happen to you, does anyone know why. First post Hope it does not sound too silly. Froggo
should I be posting this somewhere else. am a little bit lost because this is my first post

froggo said:
Does anyone else find that their scar is a brighter shade of red at different times I am one year out. Naturally a hot shower does it. If it does happen to you, does anyone know why. First post Hope it does not sound too silly. Froggo

Mine turns so red and shiny I think it glows in the dark :D I have no idea why but I wouldn't worry about it. I suppose since regular skin can turn red under hot water, it's the same reason except perhaps more extreme because it is scar tissue. I understand scar tissue sunburns worse than regular skin, too. I avoid the sun on my scar so don't know first hand.

Happy anniversary, Wayne and thanks for sticking with us and always being there for the newbies!

Happy Anniversary Wayne!

Congratulations on your two year anniversary and career transistion.:)

Back