It's hard to believe but....

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WayneGM

....it's the third anniversary of my mitral valve repair and life's good!!!!! :D

I'm feeling great, except for some itchiness and occasional tenderness around the incision due to keloids. At my last Cardio check-up, the repair was holding up and the heart walls and chambers had returned to normal size. Even the occasional back, neck, and shoulder pains I reported I was still having last year are pretty much gone (knock wood).

I'm still trying to live a more balanced life and take the time to smell the roses, but as some of you may know, I started a new job this year which has resulted in some long hours and additional stress, especially in this economy (I've returned to a previous occupation as a Financial Planner, and investors tend to be a bit cranky these days). It could have been worse....I could be still unemployed in this economy :eek: . Unfortunately, with the long hours I haven't been able to post as much as I used to, although I do check daily to see what's going on and post when I have time, even if just a short one.

Thanks for being here, everyone. :)

And to the newbies.....There's a good life after OHS. It's not as bad as it sounds. Best wishes and good luck to you all.

Wayne,

Congratulation and Happy 3rd Anniversary :) wishing you many healthy happy more years to celebrate. Keep the positive attitude about your job and count your blessing. We always appreciate your posts.:)

Wayne,
Happy anniversary. You are always one of the first to welcome people to the site and provide words of encouragement. Thank you for your contributions. And don't listen to Bina-that is don't worry about how shiney that oil-leaking Harley is- Just get on that thing and RIDE!
harley-davidson-heritage-softail.jpg

Take care buddy,
John

Wayne,

Great news. It is always good to hear that a fellow MVR buddy is doing well. As for the financial market I feel your pain.I am a banker (yes I am coming out of the closet). There are days I wish I had access to some of the "meds" given at the hospital. Best of luck to you and your bike.:)

Can you believe how fast these last 3 years have gone by???? I am just a few months after you and it really does astound me that it's been 3 years.

Sorry that that darned scar is still not resolved (does their stubbornness reflect anything about our particular personalities?? :rolleyes:) for you (us ;)) but hey....whatever! right?

Best wishes to you as you begin your 4th bonus year on this planet.

Happy third!!

Marguerite

Happy third anniversary and wishing you many many more. Thanks for all the inspiration you give us.

Happy 3rd anniversary, Wayne. I'm glad to hear things are going well, both with your heart and new job!

Chris

WAYNE!

Happy (belated) ANNIVERSARY!!!

:)

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...MidW Event = 04/04/09
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"I'm in no hurry" ... Citizen King ... 'Better Days'

Latest posts

Back