It Just Got Real

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so sorry to hear this, I remember how much not sleeping sucked when I had mitral stenosis.

Are you sleeping in a chair? It helped me some. I definitely couldn't lie down without hacking and gasping for air. Sleep is so needed, it's rough when you can't get it. Best wishes.
I usually start out in bed with a wedge pillow. Works fine, till I have to get up to use the bathroom, then I can't get back to sleep for love nor money! Even trying to sleep in the recliner. I just checked with the PA and he says it's OK to use a sleep aid, just not right before surgery. Thank God. I am not working again today because I couldn't sleep last night. My supervisor is being very kind.
Donna

Thank you for the comment, @Duffey ... Mary!

Your wisdom on such matters deeply appreciated.

My bags are metaphorically being packed ... prepping for the big day. Having said that, so far all I’ve managed is a pair of new PJs I casually bought the other day. I don’t think I’ve worn pyjamas since I was about 10! At least I’ll look the part. 😁
I will be following your replacement journey with great interest. My Edwards Magna Perimount is still working as it should, but as the years go by, I sincerely hope that I live long enough to need a second AVR. For that reason, I continue to follow new developments in valve design, and the Edwards Inspiris is certainly that! When you learn the date of your surgery, did you mention early June, please share with us. Kindest regards, Mary

Had my replacement AVR in 2017. It turned out to be 100 percent better then first one in 2013. I went in with a
open mind, very positive and realized whatever will be will be. I even joked in operating room before I was knocked out
Yours will be the same. My prayers are with you

Thanks Mary, I think I will ask for some Ativan to get me thru.
Mary - My primary care gave me a prescription for Ativan, and said I could start out cutting it in half to see how it works. .25mg was great. Helped me calm down. Today I went to work and around noon took another one. It was perfect.
Thanks for the recommendation.
Donna

Mary - My primary care gave me a prescription for Ativan, and said I could start out cutting it in half to see how it works. .25mg was great. Helped me calm down. Today I went to work and around noon took another one. It was perfect.
Thanks for the recommendation.
Donna
Oh I am so glad it helped! You’ve made my day, Donna! Hugs!

Had my replacement AVR in 2017. It turned out to be 100 percent better then first one in 2013. I went in with a
open mind, very positive and realized whatever will be will be. I even joked in operating room before I was knocked out
Yours will be the same. My prayers are with you
Love your response, reread twice. I am facing a second OHS sometime in near future. I have a TEE in morning to see how stable my valve is, since last echo was not good. I’m pretty nervous but trying to keep positive.

Latest posts

Back