It is over and I don't want to know......

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

PeterBBandy

I had a single bypass and a tissue replacement of my aeortic valve on Feb 21. Leading up to the surgery I had questions about mech vs. tissue, cummidian and thoughts ans comments I found on this forum. I got a lot of very encouraging and I must say loving advise. I want to thank everyone involved in this forum. Those of you that organize and maintain must realize the service you provide. Those of you that contribute and make it alive and real are truly appreciated. My thanks to all of you.
As of today, I am doing well. I had a few complications with GI shutdown, TIAs and some depression, but am now well on my back to being a 67 year old fart. Rehab has not been as fast as it was after my first eleven years ago, but there is little doubt in my mind that I have enough years left to justify the "suffering".
I chose to go with the tissue valve but lets face it. I will not ever know if that was teh "right" choice, nor do I plan to contemplate any other outcomes.
Again, thanks to everyone on the froum, thanks to the great staff at Mayo Clinic.
Pete Bandy

Hey Pete-

So nice to hear that you're doing so well. Sounds as if you're in fine shape for a wonderful summer. Congratulations on a successful surgery.

Take care,

Good for you Pete!!! Whatever choice you made... it was the right one for you!

Life is GRAND, ain't it???? hee hee

Take care,
Zazzy

Hi Peter,

Great update. Sounds like you are well on your way to better health. I hope your recovery efforts get you back to a very active life style in the next few months ahead. Like Nancy said, summer is coming and you'll be ready for it!

Congrats to you..

Rob

Glad to hear you are 'coming around' Pete. Many of us seem to have a few 'bumps in the road' to recovery but few say aren't glad they went through with it.

Out of curiosity, which tissue valve did you choose? I've settled on the Bovine Pericardial for my Aortic Valve Replacement at age 58. I'm willing to accept that finite durability in exchange for a more active lifestyle and not having to balance coumadin therapy.

'AL'

Thanks everyone and to Al,
You asked about the type of valve, it was a 25-mm Carpentier-Edwards valve. I am on Coumadin now but it is only supposed to be requ9ired for six months thank goodness.
Pete

Pete,
Glad things are looking up for you! There truly are so many good kind folks here. Sounds like you have many grand years ahead of you now!

Best wishes,
--John

Back