Issue with bruising after using electric neck massager

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevanndo

I gave a deep tissue electric neck and back massager to my 29 year old daughter for Christmas. I had noticed when I purchased the gift that one of the reviewers mentioned that her cardiologist had told her to stop using the massager immediately after she noticed the directions suggested those with a history of blood clots not use the device. At the insistence of her siblings, I allowed my 16 year old, 100 pound daughter with a mechanical mitral valve to use the massager for just a few minutes. She said it felt wonderful, but immediately afterwards, she had two huge red bruises precisely where the massaging balls had rested on her neck. It looked like we had punched her. I'm just curious--has anyone on warfarin ever noticed excessive bruising after using an electric massager or after having a professional massage? My daughter said the massager was incredibly relaxing, but obviously, I won't allow her to use it again.

my first point is "never send a machine to do a humans job" ... humans can feel what they're doing, machines usually can't

my second point is you perhaps had it set too hard and had no lubrication (which human massage practitioners use). Case in point a mate here has a massage chair, he has it set for himself. He's got a very liberal amount of thick coating under the skin before muscle (which he has aplenty). I'd say I could reliably beat him with a 4x2 piece of timber around the shoulders and he'd not notice.

His wife used it once ... I tried it and it was almost like something from the Spanish Inquisition (which nobody expects).

so I'm going out on a limb here and suggesting perhaps you had it set too hard?

Back