Issue with a Roche Coaguchek INRange

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had good luck with Roche replacing our meter when it was not sufficiently calibrating with lab results. Your situation is more serious in that you are getting no results. Ask for a replacement.

I have had good luck with Roche replacing our meter when it was not sufficiently calibrating with lab results
I only had to interface once with Roche customer service and I was very impressed. One of the best customer service experiences ever. I would not hesitate to call them if an issue. In my experience they picked up right away and resolved the issue promptly. Just make sure you have your device and serial number handy when you call. For me that was all they needed. I am not even the original owner, and that subject never even came up.

I have more than one XS. I bought my first, used, in 2013 (I think). For a while I didn't use it because I hd more trust in my CoagSense. I'm using the XS much more often than the Coag-Sense - the Coag-Sense is an occasional test to compare the two results.

Roche Tech Support is really good - partially because they have to be. You shouldn't have slipshod support for a device that helps you make life or death decisions (are you hearing this Coagusense?). I've found Roche support to be extremely good.

Last year, I got an XS Professional meter. It's an interesting meter - more meter than I actually need. It has a good color display and more options than my lowly XS. It was made for hospitals - stores a LOT of tests. Roche support helped me to set it up more as a personal meter than as one designed to be used by multiple operators and hundreds of different patients. It has many of the features that I think the new Roche meter has.

This meter is kind of like a large earthmoving machine when all I really need is a shovel. I rarely use it.

For me, my 'new' (bought for about $30) XS is pretty much all I need.

I have more than one XS. I bought my first, used, in 2013 (I think). For a while I didn't use it because I hd more trust in my CoagSense. I'm using the XS much more often than the Coag-Sense - the Coag-Sense is an occasional test to compare the two results.

Roche Tech Support is really good - partially because they have to be. You shouldn't have slipshod support for a device that helps you make life or death decisions (are you hearing this Coagusense?). I've found Roche support to be extremely good.

Last year, I got an XS Professional meter. It's an interesting meter - more meter than I actually need. It has a good color display and more options than my lowly XS. It was made for hospitals - stores a LOT of tests. Roche support helped me to set it up more as a personal meter than as one designed to be used by multiple operators and hundreds of different patients. It has many of the features that I think the new Roche meter has.

This meter is kind of like a large earthmoving machine when all I really need is a shovel. I rarely use it.

For me, my 'new' (bought for about $30) XS is pretty much all I need.
Yes their customer support was good.
This is the advice they gave me....it worked :)
"

Please remove the test strip guide cover (the blue piece of plastic where strips are inserted) and inspect the white square.
This square needs to be completely white - does it look dirty in any way? It can be carefully cleaned with a slightly moistened cotton bud or clean lint-free cloth, ensuring you do not touch the contact pins within the meter or get any liquid onto the meter. Then, could you please check the spacing and color of the contact pins which are located inside the meter, just beyond the white square (you may need a torch to see them properly)? Are there five of them, are they evenly spaced apart and are they a grey/ silver colour?
Please allow a few minutes for the meter to dry, replace the strip guide cover and attempt another test.

I hope this helps in resolving the issue you reported, but please let me know if the error persists. Thank you."

Back