Is this normal?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dg80

6 weeks post aortic valve replacement with an On-x valve. I have started get some kind of sore feeling in the heart, or from what i believe is my heart. Its different from the soreness in the chestbone, and Its not really pain i feel. More like a feeling of my heart being a bit sore. It happens many times a day, and a bit more after aerobic training, but also on days without training.
No heart rushing, no fever, feeling great in every other way.

Is this normal?
Is it because of my low INR (1.6 yesterday).
Is it the feeling of my heart getting back to normal size after being enlarged because of the aortic stenosis?

Can anyone relate?

On-X Valve
Medication:
Warfarin
Bisoprolol
Ramitidin
Omeprazol

Sorry no one noticed your post. I have not had this problem. But at 6-weeks post surgery, I'd ask my cardiologist or the nurse at cardiac rehab.

Reactions: Eva
Haven't posted in a long time, but come here to browse once in a while. I just turned 72 and am 3 years post aortic valve replaced with an Edwards bovine one. Once I got through that first year, feel fine. Even the optic migraines have mostly disappeared. Am fairly active walking an average of 2 miles a day plus an hour of either yoga or body pump. On no medications. Very grateful, BUT about 10 days ago out of the blue I had about 24 hours of heart pain, like described above. Rather consistant soreness deep in the heart, not severe, but annoying. I put off calling the dr. because covid is so extremely rampant around here I didn't want to go into a clinic of any kind. Haven't been to a dr. in over a year but not scheduled for the cardiologist til next year. By the second day all pain disappeared as suddenly as it came on. I was a bit panic-y at the time, but then nothing seems to have come of it. No other issues. So has anyone else experienced something like this? Any ideas as to what was up?

Hi Lily, the part about "I put off calling the dr." and "Haven't been to a dr. in over a year but not scheduled for the cardiologist til next year," perhaps you may want to reconsider. If nothing else, put in a call to his/her office. No harm in that. They may schedule a telehealth visit, which my wife and I have done with our primaries. He/she may make a determination about your current state, or have tips on what you can do while you're hunkered down. All this by simply picking up the phone.

Just my two cents. Best of luck going forward.

Latest posts

Back