Is this forum necessary?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Protimenow

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Recent thought on the absolute avoidance of Vitamin K, which was thought to be necessary for quite a few years, has changed. It's been learned that low doses of Vitamin K2 actually help to stabilize INR -- plus, it's been shown that the K vitamins provide other health benefits that can't be provided by other substances. In other words -- we all NEED Vitamin K.

This particular forum was probably created at a time when there was a push to avoid Vitamin K, and posting recipes for low-K or no-K food items seemed important. It isn't any more.

It's been nearly five months since anything was posted in this forum. Do we really need the "Recipes' forum?

I reconsidered my original post here. A forum for people taking anticoagulants is probably not necessary -- but a forum on 'Recipes for Heart Patients' may make sense, in terms of recipes that are low calorie, or low cholesterol, or that won't raise blood pressure.

(I have an issue with the name of this forum - Recipes for Heart Patients. In my warped mind, such a recipe may start with 'Take one heart patient. Add water....etc. etc.' )

I have tried several recipes members shared here, which I and my family enjoyed very much.

These are simply "recipes" favored and prepared by members and not necessarily intended to help with medical health issues.

Ahhh, Protime. . . you stole our old joke. How do you make an elephant float? Add two generous scoops of elephant to a half glass of root beer. . .

{Steve runs and hides}

'How to Serve Man' was from a Twilight Zone episode. I don't know if it was appropriated by Soylent Green, but it was originally in a Twilight Zone episode that Rod Serling wrote.

Latest posts

Back