Is life getting back to normal after Covid

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Art O Ceitinn

For me yes, last week we went to the Netherlands to furnished an apartment for our daughter who will study there. Nobody wears masks indoors or outdoors. If felt a bit scary at first but as I had the virus twice I presume it will not be the cause of my death, so I got use to the new situation. We even went to a pub for the first time since December 2019. Last weekend I/we attended the Velo Vintage in Saumur. If you are into bikes, great food washed down by fantastic wine then this is a must visit before I die place.

For our next trip we are taking a ferry from France to Ireland in September for a few weeks and then a week in Crete before winter
For me this is back to normal, I am always planning our next trip.

looks great, although myself I'll be avoiding slipstreaming and crowds in general for a while ;-)

Finnish manners suited me fine
1630464817391.png

Count you blessings!
We’re still not taking any risks and nor planning on gathering with large groups of people.
Why: Unfortunately, a friend of mine died after battling with Covid-19 for three months, and a friend’s niece lost her baby when she was four months pregnant! And my brother-in-law who was in excellent health all his life was in the hospital from last December due to Covid-19 and was recently moved to Rehab. Still not well enough to return home. And I still wonder how some do not believe how dangerous this virus can be!

Count you blessings!
We’re still not taking any risks and nor planning on gathering with large groups of people.
Why: Unfortunately, a friend of mine died after battling with Covid-19 for three months, and a friend’s niece lost her baby when she was four months pregnant! And my brother-in-law who was in excellent health all his life was in the hospital from last December due to Covid-19 and was recently moved to Rehab. Still not well enough to return home. And I still wonder how some do not believe how dangerous this virus can be!
And for those children who cannot get vaccinated yet. Make me cry harder. So sad and frightening at the same time.

I think in general there will be a new normal. A true return to the way things were will have negative (even deadly) consequences for some. I don’t see COVID going the way of small pox or polio.

I think what we’re seeing is people are choosing to accept the risk and are placing a higher value on “normalcy” than they are on risk avoidance. I make no judgments on the values of others. For me and for our family, we try to strike an acceptable balance as well

I’m now a full time virtual employee. But I was heading that way pre-pandemic anyway. I mask in public still, and given the lack of regular illness in our house since all this started, we may continue doing so.

Eva, sorry to read how close to home this has all hit for you.

I think once those people that want can get their booster (3rd) shot for them life can be pretty much normal At that point (until a vaccine avoiding variant is discovered) the risk of anything serious is probably same as flu or anything else. That said wife and I are fans of masks since it helps avoid flu and other illnesses, so we will probably continue with them in tight indoor settings.

Once vaccinated and cases were low and had not yet heard of the delta variant, we were starting to get back to normal. Even went out to a couple restaurants. Then along comes delta and cases are very high here so now back to a new normal. Masks indoors and outdoors if not socially distant. Went to the recent Green Day concert, outdoors, masks required, though I estimate only 10% or so actually wore them, including myself. We are still planning some small family gatherings this fall and winter. We were planning indoors/restaurant but now not sure what we will do. Hopefully not back to only socially distant and outdoors as we did last year through this spring, but we will do what we have to do.

A co-worker of mine, in apparently good health was hospitalized with Covid, and that was after having had it previously and being fully vaccinated.

Count you blessings!
Hi Eva I don't count my blessings as I stopped believing in a God nearly 60 years ago. But I do believe in luck. I am lucky to be still on this beautiful planet and of course I know my luck will run out. I am sorry for all the deaths and long term suffering from the virus etc. I have also had family and friends who died and some left disabled, so yes I do know how dangerous it is, but I am getting back to a NEW normal.

Latest posts

Back