Is It Okay To take Metoprolol With Tylenol?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warfarinking

Hey all, I had my aortic valve replaced about 5-6months ago and I've been feeling sick these past days (fever, headache, runny nose, watery eyes, and a soar throat). I would like to take two tylenol tablets to ease off some of the pain.

also, would tylenol pm work?

-Thanks!!

Tylenol (generically acetaminophen) is routinely administered to post-OHS patients, whether or not they're on metoprolol or other beta-blockers. I'm not sure what's in the PM, but if it's just a higher-strength Tylenol, then it would also be a non-issue.

The PM version of Tylenol includes diphendyramine, brand name Benadryl, an antihistamine, to promote sleep as one of its most common side effects is drowsiness.

I've been taking lopressor with tylenol and ibuprofen for years. No issues
But I have avoided the 'PM" version since I never quite felt that great the next day, even though I did sleep.
I do also agree that Ibuproen (though very effective for me for the aches) is not something you want to take long term or in quantity.

I'm taking tylenol and tylenol PM with metroprolol. No problems.
Assuming you are not on other drugs where there could be an interaction, for cold/sinus you can also take these to make yourself more comfortable:

Benedryl
Mucinex (Not Mucinex DM)
Cloricidin HBP (they have 3 versions depending on your symptoms)

Feel better. THese are okay with warfarin.

Last edited:
thanks for the replies everyone! will be taking tylenol pm to help me out tonight. For some reason I get much sicker during the night than the day.

If you have problems with heart palpatations I wouldn't suggest any PM drugs, but if you don't have palpatations I don't see why it would be a problem.

I've been on toprol xl for many years. Tylenol has no side effects for me. if you look it up it's the nsaids like aleve and ibprofuen that can cause palpatations and such. And Ibprofen does cause palpatations for me. your safest bet is tylenol. :)

Latest posts

Back