Introduction - Male, 67. AV repair, LAD CABG -I almost sound like I know what that is

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks all,
Steve, I will continue to exercise as much as feels right. Good advice. I think I am just too sensitive to every little thing now. I have been walking every day for an hour, but I will get my bike out on Saturday! Yay. Sorry you had so many complications but glad it all worked out.

Joan,
I am having aortic valve repair if possible. Was going to be a replacement, but after the TEE and CAT, he is pretty confident about a repair. Apparently repair takes longer than replacement. And yes, waiting is hard for me.

This waiting is annoying. I am glad we have a good plan, and am glad that I am healthy enough to wait until August 19, but I wish it was sooner. Oh well. I have caught up with almost all the posts on this board and it has been a great help. And I am exercising and will be in decent shape on the day. Nothing new to report, but wanted to check in.
/joel

Went to see my cardiologist today and mentioned I felt different after EKG and echo he sent me right to hospital. So am being observed over the weekend and will have surgery soon. Im glad the waiting is almost over but was not quite prepared. I'm at Tufts Medicsl Center and the staff hefe is awesome.

Hi Joel, I wish you all the best, keep us posted!

I'm glad your waiting is almost over, I don't think one can ever be fully prepared, no matter how much time you take for "preparation". Perhaps it is better to have it done quickly, so that you do not have the time to "over-analyse". I have read by several members, that waiting and uncertainty was the worst part.

Best of luck!

P.S.: I did noticed you are the same age as my mom :) and class 47 is a great one and here to stay for a long time! ;)

Well I am in the hospital awaiting surgery a few weeks early. Went to my cardiologist Friday and told him zip had some tightness in my chest. After an echo he sent me to the ER at Tufts Medical Center (Boston). I am on the cardiac floor but have to wait til Thursday for surgery. At least I can have any questions answered. If I do have problems I will of course have emergency surgery right then, but just waiting a few more dsys. I feel OK and am walking the floor a lot. Hospitals are not so bad when you feel good. I am sure it will be very different in a few days.

You're making all of the post-surgery patients jealous by walking around the floor with ease. :) I remember getting wheeled up to the cardiac ward from CICU and this perfectly healthy-looking gentleman welcoming me. I saw him for a couple of days, wishing I could move that easily. It was kind of an inspiration.

Good luck on Thursday! I hope you get the repair you want.

I am walking a lot. it helps me. but even the docs and nurses are asking me why I walk so much. had a great discussion with one of the surgical PAs who explained a lot of the procedure and post op. it is the same as reported in this forum but was still good to understand. of course much of everything depends on the individual and the situation, but still good to know. I am wondering when I turn into a wreck? tomorrow night? I hope not. I'll probably not post til after the surgery so thanks for all the support and info. this forum has helped me a lot.

Back