Introduction and Thank You

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josh’smom

Hi everyone. I am Josh’smom. Josh was born with Aortic Stenosis and had a balloon dilatation done at 6 weeks old. Josh will be 24 years old in a few weeks. So, the dilatation has lasted him a very long time and we are so thankful for that. His last echo shows his regurgitation level now at moderate to severe. We have seen two different surgeons. One suggested the Ross Procedure and one suggested the mechanical valve. I think we are leaning more to the Ross Procedure because of his age. We were lucky enough to speak with Dr Stelzer on the phone and are sending him Josh’s echo to look over and then we will discuss things in more detail. Just wanted to introduce myself and say thank you for all the information I have already found on the forum. I appreciate it so much.

Hi Josh'smom. Welcome. This is kind of a new subforum and doesn't get much traffic.

Good luck on helping Josh on his journey. I have a 25yo. Tell him he should join as well. At 24yo he needs to "own" these upcoming decisions.

Latest posts

Back