Insurance denied coverage !

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Z

Zipper

Hi all,

Got notice that my Insurance will not cover the home testing unit. I have Blue Shield PPO (in Ca.)..Sooooo, the big question is...How much does this system cost ? All replies appreciated.

Zipper *~*

ProTime costs

ProTime costs

As far as I know, the unit costs somewhere in the 1500.00 range.

I'm sure Lance and/or Brian will pop in here and correct me if I am wrong. I'm sure they would also like to help you out with convincing your insurance company of the error in their ways ;)

Thanx..quick response appreciated !

Thanx..quick response appreciated !

Hi heyring,

Thank you..at least it's a ballpark figure. The guys at QAS have submitted everything for me, but alas, insurance denied.

I'll speak to my Doc in January and see if there is another way to work with them on this.

Happy Holidays to you !

Zipper/Joan *~*

Zipper....

My insurance company wouldn't pay either. I tried 4 different times and appealed their dicision, but without success.
The $1500.00 price is for the Insurance company if they'll cover. That includes all the work QAS has to do to obtain the coverage for you. For a regular customer the price is $1000.00 plus supplies which is another $250.00 for 25 tests. Not cheap, but worth every penny. My protime unit is being refurbished and updated to the 3-channel and it'll cost me an extra $100.00, plus I will get another warrantee for a year. If I wait until my warrantee runs out which will be the end of January I'd have to pay $350.00.
ITC already send me a loaner for the time being. Piece of cake!

Christina
Aortic Stenosis
AVR's 8/7/00 & 8/18/00
St.Jude's Mechanical
Coumadin 20 mg a day.

Latest posts

Back