Insurance coverage for the ProTime System

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Insurance coverage for the ProTime System

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
K

karen wallin

I am curious as to how many of you using the Protime System have gotten reimbursed from your insurance companies? I am about to get going on ordering this wonderful device, but I would like to know in advance if it is going to be an expensive deal? I have heard it is about $1500-$2000 for the machine and cost $10.00 for each test, sounds like alot if insurance doesn't help out.

Hi Karen,

My insurance company covered most of my cost for the machine and also pays 80% for the testing supplies.

Have you contacted Lance or Brian at QAS to discuss your intent to purchase one?

Rob

Hi Karin,

My insurance refused to cover my machine. I tried four different appeals without success. Becky at QAS did her best to convince my Insurance (Health Net) that it was in their best interest to cover this device, but they would not budge.
You should call QAS 1-800-298-4515 (Lance) and ask him to help you get reimbursed from your insurance. The machine is $1500 if it is covered by insurance. Personal cost is around $1000 I believe. Each cuvette/test is $10.00 but you have to order a pack of 6 or 25. 250 plus s/h. They also ship overnight if you need.
The tests are real cheap compared to what the labs charge. Inquire and you'll see!

Hope this helps!

Christina
Happy Protime user.

My insurance covered most of my Coaguchek. But, WILL NOT cover the test strips.
Strange. Have since given up. Calculated what my copay would be against a box of strips for the year. It was almost an even deal.

BCBS of MA did cover...........

BCBS of MA did cover...........

I rec'd 100% re-imbursement on my Protime machine and my first box of test strips. I just recently billed BCBS for a box of 25 strips and the girl at BCBS seemed surprised--she thought I had ordered one years worth of supplies with my machine. I told her that wasn't recommended as there is an expiration date on the supplies. I haven't heard back from her. When they decided to approve my unit they told me they would only pay for one year's worth of supplies. I am going to try to get them to reverse that decision. My plan pays 100% of lab work. I will need to find out what the hospital charges for an INR and try to negotiate on that theory. If they currently pay lets say $50.00, why wouldn't they want me to do it at $10.00? Right now I am testing daily, so I am saving BCBS a ton of $$. Hey, it can't hurt to try. Good luck in getting coverage for your unit...........Gisele

Latest posts

Back