Insurance and INR monitoring

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I call it a win/win also. Thanks again.

And I blame that dang spell check...pellicule not pedicule...sorry! :)

Hi

rnff2;n863508 said:
And I blame that dang spell check...pellicule not pedicule...sorry! :)

that dang spell check gotcha again ;-)

(I don't usually write LOL ... but this deserves it)

Perhaps in my discussions with JulienDu my name is developing an "outrageous French accent"

skip to 1min 40s

LOL :-D

I don't know who tells these clinics to hold doses. Unless it's for a procedure, or you're at a ridiculous number (6 or 7 INR or above) - that just strikes me as a bad idea.

Best thing I've learned is to dose weekly. So if my dose changes, it might be on the order of 1 mg per week, or 2 mg per week and we back into what days we want to change. Right now, for example, I'm taking 5 mg daily, every day except Saturday, when I take 6 mg. If I'm low - I add another 6 mg day (maybe Wednesday for example). If I'm high - I just change Saturday to a 5 and make an extra salad or two.

Very small dosing changes. I'm going from 36mg per week to 37 or 35 per week, depending on the circumstances.

That being said - I do like to keep my daily dose as consistent as possible (I don't like splitting pills). So I get a prescription for 5 mg and a prescription for 1 mg pills and use the 1 mg cumulatively to make any dosing adjustments.

I am very happy to say that I just received a call and my insurance finally approved my home INR monitoring. There was a little glitch because the doctors office didn't put the correct diagnosis code on my original order and the insurance originally denied me. I got it all straightened out, found out they didn't put "mechanical heart valve" as a diagnosis and my insurance requires that specific diagnosis. It is covered at 100% by my insurance and the nurse will be calling me next week to set up the education and delivery of my monitor. I'm only 9 weeks post op so I'm even ahead of the 3 month schedule.

Also I'd like to thank everyone for the help and support.
Pellicle...especially you.

Thanks!!! :)

Last edited:
rnff2;n863931 said:
Also I'd like to thank everyone for the help and support.
Pellicle...especially you.

[blush] ... you're welcome! And now I feel even more stupid for getting my panties in a twist with Watson yesterday ... oh well I guess you all know by now that I've got my various (mental) problems.

I dunno why but it feels good to make a difference in peoples lives ... even animals lives:

http://cjeastwd.blogspot.com/2010/11/eric-fruit-bat.html

(No blushing allowed.)

Is my everyday life helping people, and I love furry animals, big or small...BUT there is NO way I would get near that bat!

Back