InRatio vs. Coagucheck's new machine

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

temp69

Just wondering how many people are swapping out their Inratio for the new coagucheck?

tempting, but i've just gotten used to the inratio, which i just tested against the lab work the other day and it was within .3 -- so it's working pretty well.

Anybody have any thoughts on this?

thanks

Temp69:D

Personally, I think the new Coagucheck's machine looks like an INRatio wannabee. I have no interest in changing.

geebee said:
Personally, I think the new Coagucheck's machine looks like an INRatio wannabee. I have no interest in changing.

Me too. :D I'd be happy to have either.

geebee said:

Me Three.:D I am very happy with my INRatio.

If you're happy ..................

If you're happy ..................

with your INRatio and it's working properly why change?

Like lance, we use CoaguChek XS and love it.
Like he said, I do not see why anyone would switch from InRatio to CouguCheck when they like InRatio and it works well. :confused:
In the U.S. CoaguChek strips cost about twice as much as the InRatio strips. Roche claimed that they do not individually package the XS strips to save cost and it looks like they kept all the savings to themselves instead of passing them to consumers.:mad:

Cost of INRatio strips

Cost of INRatio strips

doyo said:
Like lance, we use CoaguChek XS and love it.
Like he said, I do not see why anyone would switch from InRatio to CouguCheck when they like InRatio and it works well. :confused:
In the U.S. CoaguChek strips cost about twice as much as the InRatio strips. Roche claimed that they do not individually package the XS strips to save cost and it looks like they kept all the savings to themselves instead of passing them to consumers.:mad:

Hi doyo

It's not my intention to hijack this thread. Just a question or two. My XS strips come in a vial of 6 costing $42-46 Canadian dollars. How does this compare to your cost of XS strips.

How much do the INRatio strips cost by comparison?

Lance/Sandra

:) INRatio

:) INRatio

Another Vote INRatio...

We asked about INR machine comparisons at the Mayo in 8/2007. We were told that the new CoaguChek XS was the top of the line on the market and that is what they recommend. My husband has been using the INRatio for exactly two years and gets checked with a ProTime at his local clinic every 3 months. Nathan's cardio @ Mayo said to follow what the INRatio reads vs the Protimes as the a recent study found that the Protime was running 1.0 +/- higher than the more accurate INRatio and to target his INR according to the INRatio. Beth Eichhorn sent me all of the literature from the study and I have yet to read it.

We will be hanging in there with INRatio until they stop making supplies :) I can't imagine having him not be able to home monitor (as we were lucky enough to start at 2 weeks post op!) Our insurance covers 80% of of Nathan's strips....I think they are $120.00 USD for a 90 day supply....

It's the INRatio for us. We love the machine better than the Protime or the older Coaguchek.

Evelyn

My first home monitor was a Coaguchek & it turned out to be a dud! After battling with the company back & forth for months, I was able to send it back but only got half of my money back!

Then I bought the INRatio monitor & I am totally pleased with it! It is easy to use & I just love it!

njean said:
My first home monitor was a Coaguchek & it turned out to be a dud! After battling with the company back & forth for months, I was able to send it back but only got half of my money back!

Then I bought the INRatio monitor & I am totally pleased with it! It is easy to use & I just love it!
Was your "dud" an older Coaguchek or the new Coaguchek XS....?
I have a great sales rep in Montreal.

We just got a new INRatio a few weeks ago. Like it alot. Strips are about
$7.50 each. We didn't go through Medicare or insurance. Those of you with insurance, I am assuming, would pay less.
Blanche

Test Strips

Test Strips

Where are you buying your strips, Blanche? Sounds like I need a new supplier.

Thanks

Back