INR today!! 1.6

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CThrock

Hi All,
Its been awhile since I've started a thread. I've been cking in every fews days so maybe have missed others that R having the same problem. My INR has been dropping the last few weeks, from 3.0 to 2.7 then 2.5 then 2.3 now it has hit 1.6. Put a call into the Cardio Dr. still waiting to hear. I'm guessing to up my dose tonight to 10mg. My normal is M,W,F & Sunday 10mg. Tues & Thurs, Sat 7.5 a total of 62.5 a week.
Should I do 10mg tonight or 12.5 tonight. and 10mg on Thurs. and Sat as usually 7.5 recheck on Sunday.
What do some of you think? Called Norma and that was her suggestion & Ross have'nt heard from yet.
Would appreciate any input from the wise vr counsel. :)
Thanks you guys.
Crystal :)
P.S. No, I have no Lovenox. Just in cause some of you need to know.

Hey girl, I was just doing my own test....;)
You need at least a 10% increase since you have been trending down, and I am assuming you have no other med changes.
So, today take 10 mg, Wed 10, Thurs 10, Fri 10, sat 7.5, Sun 10, Mon 10
That will give you 67.5 for the coming week.

Have you any idea why it's going down? Any reason you can think of? Something new in the diet, not feeling well, excercising more (Sex?:D) Anything? If nothing, then I'd do as Bina suggested and increase the dose by 10% for the week and check it in a week.

Thanks Ross and Bina.. :) Thats exactly what the dr said this afternoon when He called. Thanks alot for your help.
Ross nothing I can think of has changed going to cut down on my greens and sex... ha ha!!!
You guys are the best!!!

Back