INR meter in India

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello @rakesh1167 @ashadds,

I am also looking to purchase a PT/INR meter. I have done some research on meters available locally in the market and have a few queries-

1. Both Roche XS and Qlabs Q1 (brochure attached) are available at comparable prices and warranties.

2. Qlabs have authorized dealers in Delhi but Roche sells the meter to testing labs only. Do you know any authorized dealer of Roche?

3. Could you please share your PT/INR meter make and model? For how long you have been using the meter and does the supply of testing strips have been a concern?

4. Any recommendation on the calibration of the meter from the manufacturer, like after how much time or number of tests a recalibration of the meter would be required.

Thanks in advance,

Vikas

Attachments

• Q1 & Q2 Brochure - Print Ready File with 3mm Bleed.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Any recommendation on the calibration of the meter from the manufacturer, like after how much time or number of tests a recalibration of the meter would be required.
With respect to Coaguchek I don't believe you can't calibrate the meter. Calibration is done by to to Roche and that is what the code strip is with respect to those strips.

Last edited:
The Qlabs meter looks interesting.

Roche may be more universally available, and is probably more of an international standard.

I use the CoaguChek XS and XS Pro. I have an extra XS, but I'm not sure about shipping it to India.

Until this week, I've been buying my XS strips on eBay. If you have an XS, you may be able to buy strips outside of India (and maybe even INSIDE India) for an XS meter.

As Pellicle noted, the XS isn't designed to be calibrated. Roche may offer some kind of calibration tool for these meters, but it's unnecessary.

As far as either meter giving results within 5% of lab results, be aware that results may very just as much between labs as it does between meters and lab results . Testing INR - either in a lab or a meter is more an art than a science -- there's really no such thing as an exact value (although some hospitals seem to think so, giving results to the 100th (2.88) rather than a less specific number (2.9).

WHO says that a value within 20% accurate is fine -- if your lab and meter values are within 20% of each other, you're doing okay.

The Qlabs meter looks interesting.

Roche may be more universally available, and is probably more of an international standard.

I use the CoaguChek XS and XS Pro. I have an extra XS, but I'm not sure about shipping it to India.

Until this week, I've been buying my XS strips on eBay. If you have an XS, you may be able to buy strips outside of India (and maybe even INSIDE India) for an XS meter.

As Pellicle noted, the XS isn't designed to be calibrated. Roche may offer some kind of calibration tool for these meters, but it's unnecessary.

As far as either meter giving results within 5% of lab results, be aware that results may very just as much between labs as it does between meters and lab results . Testing INR - either in a lab or a meter is more an art than a science -- there's really no such thing as an exact value (although some hospitals seem to think so, giving results to the 100th (2.88) rather than a less specific number (2.9).

WHO says that a value within 20% accurate is fine -- if your lab and meter values are within 20% of each other, you're doing okay.
Thanks @Protimenow for sharing the knowledge, much appreciated. Please share your email id if possible.

Latest posts

Back