INR has been 1.77 for two weeks...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did I say Ketchup? I meant mustard - the Turmeric is what gives it the yellow color. There's a lot of turmeric in mustard.

For myself, I don't like either mustard or ketchup, so avoiding mustard isn't a problem for me.

Did I say Ketchup? I meant mustard - the Turmeric is what gives it the yellow color.

Damn.......I've enjoyed mustard for 53 years after my surgery and now I find out it's another thing that I shouldn't eat:eek:. Oh well, just some more well-intended advice I'll have to ignore.:).

Last edited:
Dijon Ketchup?

Bare Naked Ladies
"....(But we would eat Kraft dinner)
(Of course we would, we'd just eat more)
(And buy really expensive ketchups with it)
(That's right, all the fanciest dijon ketchups, hmm)"

Avoid Ketchup? Hell NO. I have no problem with catsup and my INR and I use it as a condiment about 1-4 times a week. Some days even in large quantities (french fries and onion rings.) Other times it's resturant-made "artisanal" ketchup :)
Unfortunately, large quantities of Ketchup have large quantities of sugar. I am allowed one or two slices of real tomatoes with my hamburgers at a maximum. Otherwise, my blood sugars spike. Be grateful you have only your INR to worry about. I was able to avoid diabetes by severely limiting my carbohydrate intake per Drs. Atkins and Richard Bernstein. I have to follow Dana's approach of tracking my K consumption in my food and add the net carbohydrate consumption as well. The spreadsheet works well as it can have the K1, protein, carb and fat content.
Walk in His Peace,
Scribe With a Lancet

Did I say Ketchup? I meant mustard - the Turmeric is what gives it the yellow color. There's a lot of turmeric in mustard.

For myself, I don't like either mustard or ketchup, so avoiding mustard isn't a problem for me.

Avoid Mustard? Hell NO. I have at least 4 kinds in my fridge at any one time. It has no effect on one's INR. A hot dog, ham sandwich, bratwurst or baked beans w/o mustard is "like a day w/o sunshine." :) If you eat tumeric, maybe it affects your INR, but as a spice, I think not.

Unfortunately, large quantities of Ketchup have large quantities of sugar. I am allowed one or two slices of real tomatoes with my hamburgers at a maximum. Otherwise, my blood sugars spike. Be grateful you have only your INR to worry about. I was able to avoid diabetes by severely limiting my carbohydrate intake per Drs. Atkins and Richard Bernstein. I have to follow Dana's approach of tracking my K consumption in my food and add the net carbohydrate consumption as well. The spreadsheet works well as it can have the K1, protein, carb and fat content.
Walk in His Peace,
Scribe With a Lancet

Well you can do small quantities of catsup :) For french fries, maybe you can get a sugar free or low sugar catsup.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back