INR Check!!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CThrock

Hi All,
After two months of my INR bring as low as 1.3. It is finally in range at 2.4.
I feel so much better. Wanted to let you'all know. Pray it stays that way for awhile. :)

My INR is suppose to be 2.5-3.5. So its alittle low still by moving on up. I'm on 10mgs a day. Just got out of the hospital in Jan after under going lung surgery. After that seems like my INR would not be normal. Had a nodule in my right lung that had to be taken out. I was bleeding and they could'nt stop it w/o taking the nodule out. Then they found out I had kidney problems they called it
IgA Nepheophy so have been dealing with that too. Plus some changes in meds. and alot of stress. Doing much better now. The nodule is from having Lymphoma when I was 20 with radiation treatments as the cause. Interesting after 20+ yrs.
that would come up isnt it.....

Question for Ross: How do I change med info and surgery info on my
vr file? Alot has change and need to update.

i hope that your medical situation will be more stable now....you need it!

In case Ross is busy: click on "user CP" further up on your page, then on the left click on "edit Profile".

CThrock said:
My INR is suppose to be 2.5-3.5. So its alittle low still by moving on up. I'm on 10mgs a day. Just got out of the hospital in Jan after under going lung surgery. After that seems like my INR would not be normal. Had a nodule in my right lung that had to be taken out. I was bleeding and they could'nt stop it w/o taking the nodule out. Then they found out I had kidney problems they called it
IgA Nepheophy so have been dealing with that too. Plus some changes in meds. and alot of stress. Doing much better now. The nodule is from having Lymphoma when I was 20 with radiation treatments as the cause. Interesting after 20+ yrs.
that would come up isnt it.....

Question for Ross: How do I change med info and surgery info on my
vr file? Alot has change and need to update.

Dr. Lytle, the Radiation Damage Guru and Chief of Cardiothoracic Surgery at The Cleveland Clinic, gave a presentation not too long ago stating something to the effect of "Radiation Damage to the Heart begins to show up 20 years post treatment (i.e. Radiation)"

SEVERAL of us have learned this the 'Hard Way'.

Do a SEARCH on VR.com for "Radiation" or "Hodgkins" and you will find many posts on the subject.

Ask your Cardiologist and/or Surgeon about the possibility that Radiation contributed to your Valve Disease.

'AL Capshaw'

CThrock said:
Hi All,
After two months of my INR bring as low as 1.3. It is finally in range at 2.4.
I feel so much better. Wanted to let you'all know. Pray it stays that way for awhile. :)
Congratulations!:)

Thanks Bina, for the information on changing the vr file.
I do hope to stay out of the hospital for a looooongtime.:D I did'nt gey out till the day before Christmas. I was hard waiting sooo long.

You sound good for all that you've been through. I've done a couple lung surgeries and they ain't no fun. I guess I'm just surprised how well you seem to be.

I'm probally on such a high dose of warifin because I have two mechanical valves. I was on 5mg at first then over time went to 7.5 and know on 10mg. Still have a roller coaster INR at times.
Ross, did'nt know you have gone through so much either.Wow two lung surgerys that more then I could probally take.
It was indeed a very hard one with just the one. To me it was worse then the heart surgery at least I was ready for that one.
They tried to patch my lung but did'nt work so they had to air lift me to another hospital. I almost bleed to death. Then they sent me home when things were not right . Then I start bleed out of the incisions because my INR was 12.0.
Then they found out I had kidney problems so had to be treated for that.
I was a miracle to even be pulled out of all that.
I feel better everyday and want to start back to cardio rehab next month. :D
When did you have all your problems with you lungs?
They say mine was probally from the radition I had when I was 20 years of age.
20+ years later.
Tell me your story sometime... It helps me to talk about things and talk to people that have gone through some of the same. Like all of you on vr forum.
Thanks for that!!!

I have idiopathic pulmonary hemosiderosis. I have all these little blebs or tumors on my lungs that grow and burst. Air leaks, alveolar air sacks are wiped out or rupture, bleed and then fibrose up. A simple lung biopsy turned into a life threatening surgiical procedure for me. Surgery and I of any kind, just don't get along at all.

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/picrender.fcgi?artid=1578283&blobtype=pdf

Latest posts

Back