info for those about to or have just had surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

The Bum Ticker

The Bum Ticker Journal
Please go to my web site to read my story about my aortic valve repalcement in Nov.98. I kept an interactive on-line journal from detection right thru surgery and recovery up to a year later.

The journal also contains many emails from other surgery patients with their insights and stories.

A must read for anyone going thru this!

Steve

Hey Steve!

Hey Steve!

:eek: Remember me? I have e-mails throughout your journal! My e-mail is still [email protected]. We were part of the old CACHNET group. Seems that site just went kapoop. Anyway, you will love this one. A lot of new valves out there, but a few "oldtimers" like us as well! I go by Susan in FL here.

And to all of you out there--I heartily encourage you to read Steve's journal. I used to wait "breathlessly" (well I DID have a new valve) for each chapter! It's really good and I have recommended it to a number of people and provided the site.

Let me hear from you and how you are doing! I am great! Working too hard with little play, but so what else is new!

Susan

:cool:

Hi Steve

You may recall that we conversed way back in July last year. I read your journal from cover to cover and it inspired me to write my own. It's called :-

"That's Not Just A Scratch On My Chest"

This was my alternative title to "A New Scar is Born".

My journal is about 60 pages long, complete with colour photographs and copies of messages sent and received. I have burnt it onto a CD.

If you would like me to send you a copy, please email me your postal address.

Thanks again for a most inspirational way of keeping an experience of a lifetime alive for others to benefit from. In the world of AVR, you have become a legend and the "Bum Ticker" has become prescribed reading for all valve patients. It certainly inspired me. Well done.

Best wishes

Hi Gerry,

Sure I remember you. I'd love a copy of your book. However I can't find your email address. email me directly and I'll send you my mailing address.

Cheers from Canada.
Steve

Bum Ticker - HI!

Bum Ticker - HI!

Steve,

You, Cachnet and the Cleveland Clinic site were my lifelines from early fall '99 til my avr in Jan '00. But you were especially important to my maintaining my sanity as you were a "real" person who had actually been there and done that...and survived.

How are you doing now...come join us here...you would be great for all of us. I am feeling so good now, I can't believe it. I sincerely believe that I was always bothered by the bicuspid valve. I just feel so great now.

I encourage anyone on this site who has not visited Steve's to do so. All cardios should have it and get their pending valve patients on it post haste. My cardiologist has your address and my cardio and surgeon at the CCF do to.

Good to here from you again.

Bum Ticker HI

Bum Ticker HI

Hey Jean,
I'm glad you are doing so well and are still recommending my journal to others.

I am doing great and will be celebrating my third anniversary of pig-valve-dom this Nov.

This is indeed a very nice site and certainly takes the place of Cachnet which seems to be out of order now.

All the best to you!!!
Steve

Steve - I have the link to your website on my desktop and always have a little smile when I see the words "bum ticker". I read it all avidly when I knew I was going to have my AVR - you must have helped so many people. All the best.

Hello Steve,

So nice to see you here. My name is martha, I emiled you after I had seen your site. Your book is a must read for all valve patients. Glad to hear that you are still doing well. I'm now in my seventh month. Still have discomfort in my sternum area, and ribs. My cardio contacted my surgeon and they both felt this was normal. Doing cardiac rehab, water aerobics and going to start with some light hand weights. All the best, martha

Bum Ticker,

You can count me as another AVR person who appreciated finding your site after I was first diagnosed 2.5 years back. Welcome to this site. Glad to hear all's well with that bum ticker of yours.

Latest posts

Back