Incriminating revelations about the Canadian Health Care system

Help Support ValveReplacement.org:

MethodAir

The reality is those 'few bad apples' are everywhere in the world and in all professions.
The issue Dr. Vyselaar describes in the video doesn't involve just a 'few bad apples'...it is systemic, ie involving the entire cardiac ward staff who were present around the time of the undisclosed procedure (and beyond).

The College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC is investigating around 30 physicians, all of whom tried to cover up this undisclosed procedure for the past 4+ years.

Not to mention many subject College of Registered Nurses of BC registrants also being investigated.

Last edited:

ottagal

VR.org Supporter
So, the team that was present during your procedure might know what was going on unless he was able to cover that up in front of them. Not sure if the ward team would be aware of what happened as they would be relying on the procedure records and as you stated, the records were changed. No?

MethodAir

Dr. Vyselaar refutes your assumption in the video.

He objectively deduced that an undisclosed LV Angiogram was performed, based on:

1. discovering hidden clinical findings that could only be obtained by the undisclosed procedures (pressure gradient, ejection fraction, LVEDP etc)
2. post-procedure circulatory failure injuries that medical staff were surreptitiously tracking via undisclosed clinical findings (daily lab readings, ecg's, chest x-ray etc)

Dr. Vyselaar also states that even without these clinical findings, medical staff would have known that I was in cardiogenic shock post LV Angiogram, because the physical changes are audible by stethoscope.

ottagal

VR.org Supporter
Method Air, Of course you lived the experience and have connected all the dots, are keeping records of the specific details of everything you have been through.
From what I gather from your posts, it is under investigation now. I wish you all the best with this outcome and that you get the answers and justice you want.
P.S. I wasn't trying to refute anything, just trying to see the whole picture, that's all. I have family members in healthcare and know that sometimes the right hand doesn't always know what the left hand is doing; hence breakdown in communication because of silos in healthcare. That's all...

MethodAir

I prefer facts over assumptions.

A College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC (CPSBC) investigation started in January 2017, and concluded in late 2018. I provided the CPSBC billing records, and Dr. Vyselaar's findings during this time, which proved that the catastrophic, undisclosed procedure was in fact performed.

The CPSBC and CRNBC initially covered up the billing records and claimed that 'entirely appropriate standard of care' was provided in late 2018.

The Health Professions Review Board forced the CPSBC to reconsider the billing records.

In late March 2019, the cardiologist Dr. Siega finally admitted to the CPSBC that he performed one of the undisclosed LV Angiogram procedures described, when faced with further questions about his billing records (from several sources).

This was a problem for the remaining 29 subject physicians, given that their defense was also based on Siega's fraudulent claim that this procedure 'never happened'.

This refutes the suggestion that there was merely a 'communication breakdown', involving a 'few bad apples'.

It's systemic...which is alarming, considering that 80+ percent of the population of Victoria BC will likely walk through the doors of that cardiac ward at some point.

Last edited:

ottagal

VR.org Supporter
Dr. Vyselaar refutes your assumption in the video.

He objectively deduced that an undisclosed LV Angiogram was performed, based on:

1. discovering hidden clinical findings that could only be obtained by the undisclosed procedures (pressure gradient, ejection fraction, LVEDP etc)
2. post-procedure circulatory failure injuries that medical staff were surreptitiously tracking via undisclosed clinical findings (daily lab readings, ecg's, chest x-ray etc)

Dr. Vyselaar also states that even without these clinical findings, medical staff would have known that I was in cardiogenic shock post LV Angiogram, because the physical changes are audible by stethoscope.

Thanks for the clarification on all fronts. My intention was not trying to refute, as it was a question I asked in the earlier post trying to understand the big picture.
However, I can understand your frustration to my responses as I did not live this awful situation, do not have all the facts, documentation, meetings, followup, investigations etc. (although your video provided an excellent synopsis) as you said, of the systemic issue. I hope I never have to live this! When I mentioned communication breakdown in healthcare (which is another issue), I was referring to MY family member's experience, not your situation. Apologies if it came off that way. I will stop posting now, but hope that changes will be made in future to further protect patients and families.

MethodAir

As the video documents, it's not about what we 'think or feel'...it's about the facts, what you can prove.

MethodAir

This new video documents the moment that Dr. Vyselaar objectively determines that catastrophic, undisclosed LV Angiogram procedures were performed, based on pressure gradient readings that were 'omitted' from medical notes:

Latest posts