Incisional Pain?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

steve c

Hi All!

Although I have this (approximately) 6 inch incision on my chest it seems to me that, when there is pain or discomfort (sometimes after sneezing), it focuses on the "top" portion of the incision.

I'm curious...Am I alone?

...Any theories on this?

Steve

Hi steve,

My surgery was nine months ago and I still have this problem. My cardio tells me that it may get better in time. However some people get arthritis from the incision and it never totaly goes away. This has been my problem. Putting pressure with my hand there when I sneeze seems to help.

Hi Steve

I had surgery two years ago and mine still bothers
me every now and then.

You may want to massage gently around it
My phisiotherapist told me to do the message. It
keeps the skin from sticking.

:p Judy

You'll just have to get used to it. Steve because it will be there for awhile. Remember we told you about the 'evil sneeze'? My surg was 3/01 and occasionally I have a hard sneeze and it hurts, but not like a year ago when I felt death was imminent with every sneeze!! God bless.

Thanks Folks!

I guess, all things considered, that this may be a small price to pay for a longer, healthier life...I think I notice it less already...

Steve

incisional pain

incisional pain

I may not have the evil sneeze, mine is the cough. It make it hurt in the top part also. But the advise I will take. It can't hurt. I usually have seasional allergies and it is ragreed season. But instead of the sneeze, I have a dry cough. Thanks for the advice all. You heped me a great deal.

Sept. 13, 2001
St. Jude Valve Replacement

Latest posts

Back