IM in HOUSTON

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ken taylor

O K FOLKS I have appointment tomorow with the cardiologist next day the surgeon I think they will do another sonigram and a cath later this week . So i will know more later Ken

cardiologist is dr. neil strickman the surgeon is dr.gregornic. He is supposed to be as good as the top guy dr allen ott .dr. ott is out of town . Thank you for your interest.

MY wife was not allowed to come, my medical problem was not even considered Im sorry but its things like that about our country that makes no sense.

I'm sorry that your wife couldn't be with you, but I'm so very glad that you chose to take this whole situation seriously and are being looked over.

We are here for support, so please keep us posted and let us know how it is going for you.

Best wishes.

Marguerite

Hi Ken,
Glad you made it to Houston. Truly disappointed that the government was so stubborn. I will be thinking and praying that your doctor's come up with a good solid plan to help you regain your heart health. Is any of your family able to come be with you while you are in Houston? Or are you going it alone? In any case, God Bless You

UP DATE I saw the cardiologist today . I will post all the data when he gives it to me.According to his test today ,my valve is 1 not smaller like i was told in Panama and he recomends no surgery now .Possible in 1 or two years. He says keep walking until I have symptoms, But feels that the risk having surgery is much greater than me dying walking. He wants me to come back in 6 months. I will keep my appointment with Dr. gagoric the surgeon tomorrow. Your thoughts are welcome, and I will post after seeing the suggeon. Ken

We have found that many cardios are more conservative than surgeons so it is good that you will still meet with the surgeon. It is very important to have surgery before damage is done to the heart. You might find that the surgeon feels differently than the cardio about waiting.

Hope you get the answers that work for you. Clearly you don't want to have surgery that is not needed but, if it is inevitable, there might not be a reason to wait (unless you want to).

Latest posts

Back