I'm Home!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luana

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
To make a long story very short: I'm home. So glad to be home. I got the weepies as soon as I got in the car and when I walked in my front door.

Going to bed early. Got maybe 2 hours sleep last night. Feel like I do not have one unfrayed nerve left in me. Need to pet the cat.

Six days in ICU; a few setbacks including a partially collapsed lung and some eventful arrhythmias. Other than that I really am fine and looking forward to moving forward. It was no romp in the park, and I'm sure it will be worth it.

Can't wait to hear from Kerri. Hoping she had an easier time.

Many thanks for all the support received here. Many times I thought of your warm comments and wishes.
Luana

Welcome to this side Luana! Sorry you had a few hickups, but now that your home, take it easy and get to recovering.

Luana,

Welcome home and welcome to this side of the mountain! Make sure you pace yourself, rest, rest, rest...eat well and do your walking (as allowed). It seems this past month a number of us have had 'bumps' in the recovery road. One of my complications included a collapsed lung as well. As difficult as it is, do your breathing exercises!

Did you get the minimally invasive/mini sternotomy?

Take good care,

So glad to read that you are safely home. You worried about Kerri and she worried about you; I remember there was a member, maybe two, having surgery the same time as me and I too was relieved when I heard that they also were okay. Comraderie in mutual and empathetic distress? Hoping your recovery will go smoothly from here on out. Take care :) .

welcome, I came home on Tues. feels good doesn't it? rest, walk eat, eat, eat....lol, I love this part. Be cool and let your chest heal.......very tough, I walked 20 blocks today and only 8 day post op. Tomorrow I'll behave alittle. Anyway, welcome to the other side.

1-bypass
AVR Carbo medics mechanical
Dr. Suri
Mayo Clinic

Hang on and pet the cat/dog more and more, sometimes they are the only ones that understand you at this point and time! So glad you made it home it should be a lot better now! God Bless!

I certainly understand the weepies about getting home. Here's to a less eventful and more smooth continued recovery! Welcome Home!

Best wishes on your recovery.Like has ben said take care of your chest, it will pay greately later.I too have a cat,it will just take some time, as for now just have someone hold the cat for you to pet.Sorry you had a time post op. Great its behind you.

Luana, Welcome home.

I am still waiting to go home...I had a cardiology consult this am and he wants to do more tests to see why they can't get my HR below 100. Waiting for the cardiothoracic guys to come in this am. So I have no idea what we will be doing taday. I'm glad you home and finally doing well. I'll post more later.

Kerri

Luana, Welcome home.

I am still waiting to go home...I had a cardiology consult this am and he wants to do more tests to see why they can't get my HR below 100. Waiting for the cardiothoracic guys to come in this am. So I have no idea what we will be doing taday. I'm glad you home and finally doing well. I'll post more later.

Kerri

Darn, Kerri, I thought reading your post yesterday meant you were home. I'm praying for you.
Luana

Best wishes on your recovery.Like has ben said take care of your chest, it will pay greately later.I too have a cat,it will just take some time, as for now just have someone hold the cat for you to pet.Sorry you had a time post op. Great its behind you.

The cat will absolutely not allow anyone to pick him up or hold him, so when he wants to be petted, he comes to me, which works out well! He was more unsettled last night than I was; kept walking from room to room meowing loudly. He wouldn't settle down next to me. Maybe he will tonight.

I had a wonderful night. Flannel sheets never felt so good. Woke up a few times, but fell back asleep easily. Slept really good. When I woke up this morning thought briefly I still had IV lines and tubes on me, so relieved when I realized I was home and didn't have anything connected to me.

The quiet at home is so wonderful. It feels so peaceful and relaxed to be here.

Hi Luana!

Great you are home. Hospitals are noisy and the beds hard and terrible! Now you can relax, get as much rest as your body needs and allow yourself some time to heal. Don't think to much about what has happened to you the past week or so. Just focus on the future and getting better.

They call the 4 weeks post-op the "OHS honeymoon". You can shunt everyone around and get breakfast in bed and you are not allowed to do much anyway, so just enjoy the pampering. Cats are loveable and soft and will comfort you.

And if you feel unsure about anything or just want to talk... we are all here.

Hugs ( )

Back