I'm back

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenda

I haven't been on this forum for a while and I can't really say why, but I'm back. I have been have terrible computer problems but hopefully it's fixed for a while.

Life has been going great for me. I'm still the secretary in CV Holding at our major hospital, in fact the only hospital now in Joplin. We have been extremely busy picking up all the extra caths and open heart surgeries since St. John's hospital was destroyed during the tornado in May. They have trailers set up and are doing some caths now but we do the really serious ones here at Freeman. Joplin is building back but it's still so sad to drive through the area where the tornado hit.

I am off my chemo medicine for my leukemia, my choice, first time in 8 years. My oncologist had started me on a new one but I was having serious side affects, including some heart problems that I really didn't need. I decided on my own that my quality of life is more important to me than the quanity of life. I feel better than I have in years. My heart has settled down and my EKG last week showed no changes since six months ago which is great.

Glenda The Good, it is always so good to hear from you! You are a real champion, and a source of inspiration in the way you handle all the challenges you face. Love from your valve brother, Brian

Hi Glenda,

Glad to read that your job is going well and that you are comfortable with your choice of treatment. You're right; quality over quanity is often much more important.
I've thought about you often in relation to the Joplin tornado. One of our sons and his wife were part of a group that spent time in Joplin trying to clear debris. It's so good that you were able to escape the worst of it where you are, but it must be heartbreaking to see the daily reminders of the disaster in the nearby area.
Glad you're back!

ain't it good to hear from old friends. you are looking good. I am recently checking back in, too. I don't have an approved reason for being away - just life changes, I guess. You sound busy and very happy. Keep on keepin on, dear friend.

GLENDA!

Good to see you back here. :)

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 5 MCs + 1 Caprice Classic
CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Do you remember me, too?" __ Stereo Fuse __ 'Everything'

Hi Glenda!

Good to see you posting! Sounds like you are doing well, and that it great!!!!!

Latest posts

Back