I'm back-with another new valve!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michellemar

Live near Santa Barbara, California, treated at US
Hi Michellemar here... Been away-am from class of 2011April19 when got my new AVr. Just got new Tricuspid one month ago today! Same surgeon -Dr. Starnes at the Keck Center at USC.went brilliantly. However the walls are closing in on me-help! Hope I can find my old friends Steve Class of 2011 and Lynnw and Mentu and Bina... They brought me through the last one-!!! Just glad to be here, found little literaturevon tricuspid valve replacements... Hope someone out there knows some stuff! Help...! Michelle

Hi, Michellemar! I'm still here, but I am still using my original equipment tricuspid valve. Never more than trace regurg from mine, even when my stenosis was severe. The one guy whose name comes to mind with tricuspid valves is Cort (knightsfan2691, IIRC). Along with all his other issues, he had a tricuspid replacement a while back. Maybe search for some of his old posts or shoot him a PM.

Hang in there - we'll keep walking you through this one too!

Steve, pellicle, God Bless you. Said just the right thing. How do people make it without you guys??!!! Heart ,lifted for sure. You are angels.
Unbelievable...for the FIRST time in3years I'm no longer taking diuretics. No diuretics! I AM NO LONGER in CONGESTIVE Heart failure. It's GONE.!!!!!!!!!! And just given permission to stop my coumadin. I'm weaker than stink, but here we go I guess it takes TIME....feelings of helplessness, hopelessness, and uselessness. I'm a Master Chorale singer and the pipe they used abraded my voice ox (my throat is not curved as is normal because I have ankylosing spondylitis and I forgot to remind them so, ENT to see if it's just temporary. Got alot of arthritis I think if it will go with my valves can be greatly ameriorated with proteolytic therapy(cleans the junk out of the blood) if I'm a candidate... The fight for health goes on..God Bless...

Hey Michelle, I hear you with your voice issues. ;) When i got home post op my voice was just a whisper, it was so scary, but people assured me that it would come back.
The weakness and helpless feelings were awful. Hang in there !!

Hi Michelle,
You said you had a first replacement in 2011 (Mine was in 2011 July). Why did you have another valve put in so soon ? I thought the life of a valve was 10-15 yrs. Hope all your issues get resolved soon.

Welcome back, Michellemar best of luck. Keep us posted. I had AVR and MVR in 2018, now my tricuspid is leaking mildly and my aorta is wider than it should be so, I’ll learn from the answers to your post too!

Last edited:
Hi! Hang on! Did you know about the adult congenital heart association? They have Ambassadors - volunteers who will
Call and chat with you once a week. Also there is a Women’s heart health group the second Monday of every
Month at UCLA. I believe it is at 7pm. It is too long a drive for me. And there is a cardio rehab / all medical gym 6-6pm at
USC Verdugo hills. Come on over!

I could not talk after my AVR 2013 surgery, couldn’t get my breath and just whispered. Unfortunalty
I have Kaiser so competent appropriate aftercare was non existent. But now I can breath up a storm and sing to my grandbaby
And did very awesomely on my CPET this week. That cardio rehab is a good thing. Huntington Hospital pasadena has one also.
Both are 50$ month of insurance doesn’t cover it. Private pay Cardio rehab saved my mind and gave me hope. Kaiser offered nothing for either.

Latest posts

Back