I'm ba-aack... and PVR still pending

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abbanabba

It's been a few years since I was here last.... I was getting all a bit overwhelmed by my "heart issues" taking over my life and needed a break, but here I am again! I see there's still a couple of familiar faces around, but I'm willing to bet most of the people here now are all new to me.

Anway, to recap: I got told I needed a new pulomnary valve in 2003 since mine is leaking severely, and then my card changed his mind and told me I was giving myself psychosomatic symptoms and I could probably wait another 3-5 years. Well, that was 5 years ago.... and I'm still waiting <rolls eyes>.

I'm now onto my 3rd card, after moving interstate yet again, and they are FINALLY talking about doing the PVR next month... I think..! In May they said it would be Oct/Nov, but I'm still pushing them for a date and not getting very far (just very frustrated :mad:). I've been told I'm not "urgent", but I'm at the stage where I'm literally house-bound and struggling for breath 24/7. I'm also having thousands of PVCs and hundreds of PACs every day which sure aren't helping either.

Anyhoo, thought I'd drop in again and see what the latest was and if there were many other pulmonary valvers out there.

Cheers for now,

Anna : )

It's nice to read your post; I remember you and am glad you are doing okay. Sorry about the upcoming surgery. At least one newer member here, Debbie, has had PR replacement done within the last year. Also, I think the son of member Lynlw has had PR replacement, over a year ago. You may want to search their info and/or send them a PM. Welcome back and hoping all goes well for you.

Anna PVR

Anna PVR

Hey Anna, I'm Debbie and just had my Pulmonary valve replaced
8 months ago. There is not too many of us around here with PVR!
I can tell you it was the best thing I have done and I feel like I
have my health back again. Before surgery just about anything made
me tired, now I'm walking 2 miles a day or riding my bike about 8 miles
a day. You will be getting a tissue valve, Pulmonary is on the right side of the heart and they use tissue on that side. Look up the ACHA and they
can give you alot of helpful info. also. PM me if you want info. on what my journey was before surgery.
Take care Debbie :)

It's been a few years since I was here last.... I was getting all a bit overwhelmed by my "heart issues" taking over my life and needed a break, but here I am again! I see there's still a couple of familiar faces around, but I'm willing to bet most of the people here now are all new to me.

Anway, to recap: I got told I needed a new pulomnary valve in 2003 since mine is leaking severely, and then my card changed his mind and told me I was giving myself psychosomatic symptoms and I could probably wait another 3-5 years. Well, that was 5 years ago.... and I'm still waiting <rolls eyes>.

I'm now onto my 3rd card, after moving interstate yet again, and they are FINALLY talking about doing the PVR next month... I think..! In May they said it would be Oct/Nov, but I'm still pushing them for a date and not getting very far (just very frustrated :mad:). I've been told I'm not "urgent", but I'm at the stage where I'm literally house-bound and struggling for breath 24/7. I'm also having thousands of PVCs and hundreds of PACs every day which sure aren't helping either.

Anyhoo, thought I'd drop in again and see what the latest was and if there were many other pulmonary valvers out there.

Cheers for now,

Anna,
You might find this hard to believe, but just last week-end at our reunion in Gatlinburg Betty (bvrd) and I were discussing your wherabouts and wondering where you had disappeared to!
I'm so glad to see you back, but I wish it were under better circumstances.

Cheers for now (From Australia),

Attention: Proponents of Nationalized Health Care

Take note of the above. If YOU were having debilitating symptoms, would YOU want some Government Lackey deciding when YOU would be "allowed" to have corrective surgery (by the government selected surgeon)?

As another of our members once stated (paraphrased):

When a resource becomes FREE, there is Never Enough Supply to go around.

One of our Members who is a Family Practice Physician
noted the relatively Low Pay for Family Practice, the huge debts from Medical School, Declining Interest in becoming a Family Practicioneer, and wondered How Family Practicioneers would EVER pay off their school loans if medicine became nationalized.

Sadly, the PERFECT Medical System has yet to be invented.

Welcome back Anna,

Great to hear from you but sorry you are feeling so poorly. I hope things get fixed soon.

Aw shucks.... thank you so much for all your warm welcomes :) I'm really looking forward to being able to catch up on all you veterans and see what's been going on.

Mary said:
You might find this hard to believe, but just last week-end at our reunion in Gatlinburg Betty (bvrd) and I were discussing your wherabouts and wondering where you had disappeared to!

Mary - that is pretty freaky!!! I was wondering why my ears were a-burnin' (heh heh)... but how lovely to know after all this time you were still thinking of me. Thank you.

Debbie said:
Look up the ACHA and they can give you alot of helpful info.

Hi Debbie - I got your PM (cheers) and will get back to you on that. Meanwhile, I logged back in with my ol' pals at ACHA not too long ago - if you're over there too, we've probably crossed paths :) . In fact, I've seen a couple of familiar faces from there that I either forgot were here too, or have since joined. Such a small world :D

[QUOTE="aussiegirl]Welcome (back) and welcome to Adelaide I hope you have settled in well.[/QUOTE]

Yay - another local.... literally!!! I'll have to drop you a PM and compare notes ;) I'm up in lovely Strathalbyn and loving it :D Will be in touch.

Al - yeah... nationalised health care does have it's problems, but the main one I've had is that all my cardios are of the opinion that "my test results don't look as bad as I say I'm feeling", so therefore they don't think it's entirely my PV causing the problem (and given the need for further surgeries in the future, they don't want to do it any sooner than absolutely neccessary).

What I'm trying to get through THEIR heads is that I've had so many inconsistancies and complete contradictions in my test results, that they really need to believe HOW I FEEL (which has never fluctuated - only worsened) over whichever test result it is they choose to believe. It's been a very frustrating 5 years :(

Anyhoo.... (((hugs))) to you all :D

A : )

ANNA!!!!!!!

I wondered when you were going to join us over here again, since you've been back to ACHA! Very glad to see you over here now, too! :)

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Things have changed since you've been gone" ... Pam Tillis ... 'Land Of The Living'

Glad to hear you're still kicking around, and that you took some time out from your heart issues. You can rejoin our other Waiting Room Icon, Mr. Epstein in the Waiting Room. Yes, he's still there... :)

Best wishes,

Hi there!...good to see another Aussie re-join us here. Hang around this time Miss Anna Banana!...Gees I love your screen name! (I can't figure out how to say it and Ross's nick-name just rolls so easily off the tongue!)

Welcome back Anna!
Sorry to hear your pv issues are still not resolved.
I see you've moved from the Grampians...hope the move went well.
Hang in there (I know it's easier said than done),
Hugs, Yolanda

Hi Anna! Yes, it seems us PVR folks are few & far between around here! Sorry to hear you're having such a rough time of it. I guess I can be thankful mine was fixed before I got to that point. Here's hoping that your surgery will be soon, & give you a much better quality of life.

Oh this is so cool... it's just like a little reunion :D

KF - good to see you dude! I had totally forgotten you were on this board too (lucky you - you get to hear me whinge about everything twice :D:D)

Aussiegal - I'm a former Perth girl myself! Haven't had the chance to get back there for a while, but I hear it's been going off (like a frog in a sock!). Meanwhile, the nickname is pretty much abba-nabba (although nothing to do with stealing Abba, there is an Abba connection.... sort of).

Tobagotwo - who do I see about new mags in the waiting room? I mean Readers Digest from 1992?!! Sheesh!!! :D

Surfsparky!!!! How are you and Yol doing? I think the last time I had an email from you both, you were about to see your surgeon. Since that was quite a while back (actually quite embarrassing when I think about it :eek:) I'm assuming they've been in and sorted it out for you? Hope you're doing OK anyway.
Meanwhile, I've been missing our wonderful neighbours in Stawell, but our new town is just gorgeous and only 45min from Adelaide, where I've got a great new cardio. Will have to drop you a line and fill you in on all the goss. :D

George - great to see another ToFer! We'll have to get matching T-shirts with Cort and Debbie :D:D Thanks for the well wishes.

So nice to be here again!!

A : )

KF - good to see you dude! I had totally forgotten you were on this board too (lucky you - you get to hear me whinge about everything twice :D:D)

LOL!

Ah, but see...the good news for me...you have to hear my end of things twice, too ;).

Back