I was SHOCKED!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njean

Premium Level
Supporting Member
A while back I transferred all my Rx's from Walmart to the new CVS pharmacy that located here because it is closer to my home and I don't have to stand in line any longer.....CVS has a drive-up window.

So I called CVS for a refill on the coumadin 10mg & told them I wanted to make sure they gave me a 90-day supply, as Walmart had been doing this, and to make sure that I got the 'brand name' not a generic.

Well, I went to pick it up and I almost fainted when the cashier told me that I owed $8.93! I asked her again to make sure I had heard correctly and she said yes so I wrote the check, quickly!I have NEVER paid that small of an amt. for coumadin!

When I got home, I went through my past medicare monthly Rx summaries and sure enough, in May I paid $87.43 for a 90-day supply!!!

Being that I'm honest, and after hearing all those stories of how our medicare system is abused, I called CVS and informed them of this and they promptly looked at my records and said, "yes, that is correct". Since your dr specified 'brand name' only on your Rx, we input a code when ordering and that's what you owe! At that point I said, 'well, I wasn't complaining, I was just verifying whether it was correct or not! :)

Has anyone else had a similar situation happen to them?

Note: So have I been grossly overcharged before???

Wow. Wouldn't that be nice.

Since those coumadin are probably good for a year or more, I would probably get those refilled as soon as possible and have a years' worth on hand. The next time you have to refill, an update to their computer systems may change the amount due to $87.43 (or whatever you used to pay).

I think you got a very good deal, maybe too good......but who knows. It'll be interesting to see your EOB as to how your insurer handles this. And as they say, "don't look a gift horse in the mouth".

Ha, ha, not at all Dick, however I still think they made a mistake. I'll update you if I get a call or something....

Wow. Wouldn't that be nice.

Since those coumadin are probably good for a year or more, I would probably get those refilled as soon as possible and have a years' worth on hand. The next time you have to refill, an update to their computer systems may change the amount due to $87.43 (or whatever you used to pay).

Wish I could do it that way, PTN but I still have one more refill on that Rx. Medicare will not allow or pay for early refills. I won't be able to get that last refill until after November 23rd!

N jean,
They may catch up with you next quarter. I picked up an Rx (different med) last week for my hubby, and they said that they had undercharged me last month, so this month they had to charge me the difference and the new price. Ouch on that brand drug--no generic. They weren't going to hand it over otherwise.
CatDog

I am also taking the name brand coumadin. My doctor wrote a script for twice my dose so I can cut them in half. My 90 day mail order price only went up almost 20.00 for twice the amount. She just wrote "dose as prescribed by clinic" on the script. For now I haven't skipped any orders. I like having a little extra coumadin around.

N jean,
They may catch up with you next quarter. I picked up an Rx (different med) last week for my hubby, and they said that they had undercharged me last month, so this month they had to charge me the difference and the new price. Ouch on that brand drug--no generic. They weren't going to hand it over otherwise.
CatDog

I suspect this is what will happen and rightly so.

Latest posts

Back