I promise this will make you feel good!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis S

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
As you know, Karlynn has a new grand-daughter Avery. She has written a lovely lullaby for her. I have had the chance to hear it on my computer, and found the music & lyrics outstanding! Barb heard the music while I was working on the podcast-and stopped everything till it was finished. You will need to wait a minute for the music to load, especially if you don't have a a hi-speed connection.

I asked Karlynn if I could make a podcast so others could hear it. She agreed, and here is the result:

http://web.mac.com/dennis_smith/iWeb/Site/Podcast.html

I don't have sufficient space to keep this on the net in-definitely, but will keep it going as long as I can.

Thanks so much for sharing, Dennis. Karlynn, Avery is so lucky to have such a talented and loving grandmother- it is beautiful!

Dennis asked if he could do a Podcast of the song and I agreed. I love it when people share the things that bring them joy. Dennis' poems and photos, Stretch's photos, Cort's Monte adventures, Geebee's poems, Phyllis' beautiful craft work, all our incredible athletes. I'd like more people to share their pursuits that bring them joy. It's some of the stuff that makes our VR lives precious.

Before my VR I was not able to sing for 4 years. I just didn't have the breath needed to sing. I've sung all my life - 1st solo in church when I was 20 mo. old (hard to believe I was an early talker, isn't it?:rolleyes: ) It was such a hardship for me to not be able to sing, particularly all the songs of my childhood to my own babies. 2 years after my VR, our church's choir directed challenged me to "suck it up" and give it another try. After the first choir rehearsal, I just sat and cried. The voice was still there...in need of lots of exercise, but still there. Now I'm a music director at that same church. Anyone that wants to sing on one of my praise teams can sing, no try-outs required. If you have a desire, ability is not necessary - that will come in it's own way. (and we have volume controls on the mics!) The one thing that my singers hear me say at just about every rehearsal "Fill up your lungs! You can't sing your best without air in your lungs!"

So I encourage all of you to share some joy that your VR has allowed you to continue to pursue, either directly, or by the mere fact that the new lease on life has given you an appreciation of the sweeter things.

Karlynn said:
Dennis asked if he could do a Podcast of the song and I agreed. I love it when people share the things that bring them joy. Dennis' poems and photos, Stretch's photos, Cort's Monte adventures, Geebee's poems, Phyllis' beautiful craft work, all our incredible athletes. I'd like more people to share their pursuits that bring them joy. It's some of the stuff that makes our VR lives precious.

Before my VR I was not able to sing for 4 years. I just didn't have the breath needed to sing. I've sung all my life - 1st solo in church when I was 20 mo. old (hard to believe I was an early talker, isn't it?:rolleyes: ) It was such a hardship for me to not be able to sing, particularly all the songs of my childhood to my own babies. 2 years after my VR, our church's choir directed challenged me to "suck it up" and give it another try. After the first choir rehearsal, I just sat and cried. The voice was still there...in need of lots of exercise, but still there. Now I'm a music director at that same church. Anyone that wants to sing on one of my praise teams can sing, no try-outs required. If you have a desire, ability is not necessary - that will come in it's own way. (and we have volume controls on the mics!) The one thing that my singers hear me say at just about every rehearsal "Fill up your lungs! You can't sing your best without air in your lungs!"

So I encourage all of you to share some joy that your VR has allowed you to continue to pursue, either directly, or by the mere fact that the new lease on life has given you an appreciation of the sweeter things.

Hey, What about my fish? :mad: haha just kiddin. :D That was very nice Karilynn, you are truly talented in so many ways. Your husband and children are very lucky to have you around.

Randy - absolutely your fish!! Love to see your pics - and then show them to my husband to watch him turn green with jealousy!!!! :p

Awesome Karlynn and Dennis....

Awesome Karlynn and Dennis....

I don't think that there is any better way to honor your child or grandchild than with a poem or lullabye or song. If this isn't a testiment of love, I don't know what is....Awesome lullabye Karlynn, and great podcast Dennis....:D :D :D :D Harrybaby:D :D

Latest posts

Back