I know there are some brainy people who can help me with the technical stuff...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAF1984

Hey guys, hope you are all doing well.
I'm going to type out my measurements from my echo results, I know a lot of you know what you're talking about with this stuff, I would be greatly indebted to you if you can give me any info at all. I do have a follow-up with my cardio but his secretary called me today to reschedule because he's going out of town. I'm not expecting anything terrible but there's a sort of summary attached to it and there's a giant chunk of the page that's blank- cut off in the middle of a word- and the rest of it from that point on refers to me as "he"... LOL... No clue wtf happened.
Thank you I greatly appreciate it.
(If it matters, I'm a 32 yr old female, 5'4'' and scrawny as all hell)

2d Echo

LV Diastolic Diameter Base LX 3.9cm
LV Systolic Diameter Base LX 2.1 cm
Fractional Shortening Base LX 0.5
LV Stroke Volume TE 49.8 cm3
LV Diastolic Volume SIM 62.0 cm3
LV Systolic Volume SIM 19.2 cm3
LV Stroke Volume SIM 37.9 cm3
LV Ejection Fraction SIM 0.7
IVS Diastolic Thickness 0.8cm
LVPW Diastolic Thickness 0.8cm

LA Systolic Diameter LX 2.4cm
Aortic Root Diameter 3.0cm
Ascending Aorta Diameter 2.4cm
LA Systolic Area 4c 10.0 cm2
LA Systolic Length 4c 4.1 cm
LA Systolic Area 2c 12.5 cm2
LA Systolic Length 2c 4.5cm
LA Volume 25.8 cm3
LA Volume Index 17.1 cm3/m2

Doppler

AV Peak Velocity 112.3 cm/s
AV Peak Gradient 5.0 mmHg
LVOT Peak Velocity 87.3 cm/s
LVOT Peak Gradient 3.0 mmHg
LVOT AV Vel Ratio 0.8
Mitral E Point Velocity 117.1 cm/s
Mitral A Point Velocity 95.2 cm/s
Mitral E to A Ratio 1.2
MV Deceleration time 101.4 ms

Mitral Valve A Wave Duration 94.6 ms
E Prime Lateral Velocity 13.6 cm/s
E Prime Medial Velocity 11.8 cm/s
E Lateral E Medial Average 12.7 cm/s
Mitral E to E Prime Ratio (Average) 9.2
Mitral E to E Prime Ratio (Lateral) 8.6
PV Peak Velocity 95.1 cm/s
PV Peak Gradient 3.6 mmHg

M-Mode

LV Ejection Fraction Teicholz 0.8

Thank you guys. Let me know if there's anything I can do to return the favor. I'm pretty artsy-fartsy so if any of you have bare walls or empty cubicle space that's boring your soul I'd be happy to make something for you that's small enough for me to cheaply mail :)

I normally try to understand reports myself but I've given up on the echo, here's why: I had my bicuspid aortic valve spared during surgery to repair my ascending aorta and root, because it was not leaking. After the surgery it started leaking, progressing from mild to moderate rather quickly, and some numbers on the echo report became alarming, more often associated with severe leaking. My Dr, a well respected cardiologist basically said that my heart was functioning better than the numbers imply. As a numbers guy, I really didn't know what to make of that. Thinking that maybe he was being optimistic or trying to sugar coat it, I went for a second opinion with a well respected surgeon. He said the exact same thing: my heart was functioning better than the numbers imply and surgery was not in my immediate future.

Most echo reports have a summary section where they say things like trivial/mild/moderate/severe. That is what I focus on now and I leave interpreting the echo to Dr's that I trust.

Latest posts

Back