I hope MOO isn't mad at me. . .

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epstns

Premium User
Supporting Member
Well, no matter how much we keep important dates in our minds, life sometimes just gets in the way. Last Saturday, February 28, was my 4th anniversary with MOO, my bovine pericardial valve. We were so busy visiting a relative who just had hip replacement that we forgot to celebrate.

Well, my valve and I continue to get along just fine. Over the past 4 years we have done everything we wanted to do. We did find out that beta blockers can get in the way of aggressive mountain biking adventures, but other than that, life has been great.

I want to take a moment to thank all the folks here who, whether they know it or not, have helped me to keep my spirits up no matter what. I may be one of the longer-term members here, but there are quite a number of people who have far more years of experience with their valves than have I, and they serve as a never-ending inspiration to me, helping me to realize that having my valve replacement was truly a life-changing event - and I mean that in the most positive way.

Thanks to all of you. I couldn't have done it without you all!

MOO!

Congratuations Steve ! I'm sure MOO isn't mad at you ! I didn't celebrate my first valve anniversary - though a very kind friend, who I made through this forum, sent me a lovely valve anniversay card !

Since we have the same model valve Steve, my moo says moooo to your moo !

And.... from one mooer to another, I would like to wish you a very happy belated Valversary!
Steve, I would like to thank you for your ongoing commitment and contributions to this forum. It is greatly appreciated and would not be the same without you.

Happy Anniversary Steve
epstns;n853698 said:
Well, no matter how much we keep important dates in our minds, life sometimes just gets in the way. Last Saturday, February 28, was my 4th anniversary with MOO, my bovine pericardial valve. We were so busy visiting a relative who just had hip replacement that we forgot to celebrate.
we share a date ... that was my wedding annvirsary too

Chris, Thank you so much for sharing that one simple fact with me. Knowing just a bit of your love story with Anita tells me how special she was to you and how special your wedding day must have been. I am honored to share your date.

Grass? Did somebody (neil) say grass? I seem to find that the color green is now a very comforting color to see.

Actually, the psychologists have long known that the color green is a comforting color for humans to gaze upon. Must have something to do with our roots.

Thanks everyone, for all the good wishes. As I said, I couldn't have done it without you all.

Congrats Steve, good to read that you are doing well. You are one of the mainstays of this forum and always give good advice. I wish you many more anniversary days.

Milk, Agian? If milk was so good for us, wouldn't adult cows drink it, too?

(Now if my buddy Ross was still with us, this thread would hit the gutter with a giant splash. . . )

Moooooo!

epstns;n853843 said:
(Now if my buddy Ross was still with us, this thread would hit the gutter with a giant splash. . . )
this has me curious, I've seen some of Ross's posts
14175054242_e919eda4b7_o.jpg

and we used to PM back and forwards "over there" with some interesting topics (not fit for American viewing) but I'm not sure what he'd make negative out of this one ... He was well known for his views but mostly that was in pre-selection ... IIRC

now if we were talking about incompetent medical practitioners ... well we'd need the pressure cleaner to get it off the walls

:)

IIRC, Ross' passing was the result of massive internal bleeding, cause not really determined. He had been having bleeds within his digestive tract for some time prior to his death, and was hospitalized several times for bleeds.

pellicle - I'm guessing that Ross and I (and maybe some others) would have batted back and forth about what cows might or might not like to eat and drink. Then it probably would have gone on to compare and contrast the dietary habits of cows versus pigs, and from there - who knows? We often just acted goofy, just to counteract some of the anxiety and worry of some of the members. It could, at times, border on being far enough off-color to be bleeped by some of the forum software packages, too.

epstns;n853982 said:
IIRC, Ross' passing was the result of massive internal bleeding, cause not really determined. He had been having bleeds within his digestive tract for some time prior to his death, and was hospitalized several times for bleeds.

That's as far as I know cosrrect.

Did he have a history of celiac disease?

I'm guessing that Ross and I (and maybe some others) would have batted back and forth about what cows might or might not like to eat and drink. Then it probably would have gone on to compare and contrast the dietary habits of cows versus pigs, and from there - who knows? We often just acted goofy, just to counteract some of the anxiety and worry of some of the members. It could, at times, border on being far enough off-color to be bleeped by some of the forum software packages, too.

Ahh... well that sounds about right

pellicle;n854017 said:
Ahh... well that sounds about right

Yeah - that's one of the reasons I still miss Ross.

AFAIK, he did not have celiac disease. He was taking a lot of different meds, so that may have complicated things for him with all the potential inter-actions and side effects. He was highly knowledgeable in the way his meds worked, and often had to debate and argue with his docs about which ones to add or delete, dosages, etc. IIRC, his wife was a nurse - I think he met her one of the earlier times he was in the hospital.

Back