I have the coronavirus.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Art O Ceitinn

I am 68 years with a host or problems.
Pneumonia as a 10 year old
OHS when I was 15 years
AVR 55 years old.
Hip replaced a few years back.
I have hemochromatosis which caused Arthritis in my ankles, knees, hips, hands and arms.
Nasal polyps which give me a constant cough and nasal discharge.
High blood pressure most of the time under control.
O negative blood group.
Not exactly the perfect body for fighting the Virus.
15 April I noticed a slight pain in my lower back.
17 April I had a busy day organizing the 18 birthday of my daughter.
20 April I noticed a new pain in my left leg and I was a bit tired.
21 April woke up and felt like I was suffering from a hangover to beat all hangovers
Went to the loo in a hurry !!!
Forced myself to eat breakfast
Then went back to bed with a headache that felt like my head was about to explode.
My arms, legs and back were about a 8 on a 1 to 10 scale.
For the rest of the day I forced myself to drink lots of water but eat very little.
I checked my temp. it reached 39.8° in the evening and BP was 185/100.
Time to call Dr. He arrived 40 minutes later and confirmed that I may have the Virus.
The next day was worst than the day before.
23 April I had an appointment with a drive in test center in Torcy.
Result on internet the next day.
My breathing during my illness was not laboured and oxygen level in blood ok.
I still have a slight headache and apart from my family isolating me I have survived to tell the tale.
Yesterday I managed to assembled our new plng pong table and I will play a few games today.

Sounds like a really debilitating weird illness. I’m happy you are recovering. Hopefully, you got a good game of ping pong in! And more to come soon!

Sure glad your post ended with you getting through the illness.

My Daughter is only 30 and Im convinced she has it but she couldn't get a test. Mostly because she works from home. She had a temperature as high a 39 degrees and she had dreadful pain in her back and kidneys. She has returned to work (from home) has a 2 year old to deal with and not feeling great but she is a highly motivitated person work wise and won't give in. Its stressing me immeasurably which isn't helping me with my heart issues (pre surgery). In the UK you can only get a test if you are a key worker and have symptoms, are 65 or over and have symptoms or if its ordered by a GP. I am not likely to be going anywhere near her but it still concerns me.

The recent guidance indicates that for people with Covid symptoms, just because you test negative doesn't mean you don't have Covid. There is a significant false negative rate for some tests.

Ping Pong is an interesting analogy to the spread of the virus -- that's one of the reasons for contact tracing.

Making it worse is the possibility that someone who has the antibodies for COVID-19 may only have temporary immunity - the person may get it again. Even with the antibodies, this person can, possibly, be contagious again.

May we all get it once, an extremely mild case, and get lifelong immunity - until an effective vaccine is developed and readily available.

Last edited:
My favorite analogy is that coronavirus transmission is like drunk driving - and the ones who get killed aren't necessarily the ones who took the initial risk. Except that other drivers you pass also become drunk.

I am now an expert at table tennis and have managed to escape the City for a week's cycling in the Dordogne and a week on the Ile de Re with my new electric bike as my knees are not the best for the hills of the Dordogne. Life is wonderful again.
But France has allowed the virus to get out of control again. So for the next month or two we will keep our distance and stay safe.

Hi Sucky its normal for a doctor to make house visit in France and most of Europe. And of course your insurance or the State cover all the cost.

Latest posts

Back