I have pneumonia.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hensylee

remember that bp thread where we talked about coughing? Well, if you think your cough is always due to your bp med, you might be wrong. I was. Been really having a tough time for months, thinking my bp med was an awful culprit. In all fairness, one of them WAS.

Finally decided the time had come to really get it all checked out. Today. Had the xrays, etc. Confirmation of pneumonia, but it might not be a heavy case, but the dr was serious when he spoke. I got shots, breathing treatment, pills, cough syrup, directions for old timey cures (seriously) such as vicks on the bottom of feet and heavy sox, hot towels on a vicks'ed naked chest, and he told me this is all stuff he'd do if I was in the hospital, sent me to pharmacy, and home to bed to DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING except what he told me and sweat it out, then come back Monday, but if I got worse over weekend, get to hospital.

I came home, took an antibiotic, cough syrup - but I think I took double the dose by accident, rubbed some vicks on the bottoms of my feet, put on some thick sox, a long sleeved long gown and got under the covers. eventually woke up in a sweat - still sweating while writing this. I only came on to find out about my child, Ross. then I typed in a really silly reply about strings and a Bina message so thought I might as well tell y'all what's goin on so you can understand why I was silly. After all, you all know that I am NEVER, EVER silly.:D:p:rolleyes:

Rest!

Rest!

I am sorry to hear about pneumonia...I hopeyou Rest rest rest and feel beeter soon, I just got a flu shot today and a pneumonia vaccine (never knew there was such a thing) but with my new valve it was suggested.
And by the way that was my STRING you were talking about...I unravaled a long time ago...may be that was the "end of my rope"!:eek:
Dana

Ann, double dose of cough syrup and acting strangely!! :D

Here's some info for you. :) ;)

Drug and Alcohol Information
- Cough Preparations -

Cough Preparations
Many cough preparations, especially cough suppressants, contain codeine or DXM (Dextromethorphan). Codeine and other opiates are very effective cough suppressants, but they are addictive. DXM, a powerful psychoactive drug, is particularly addictive. Cough syrup abusers can obtain the drug from their doctors by complaining about coughs and other cold symptoms. Ingredients in many cough preparations are considered to be dangerous in combination with other drugs, particularly antidepressants (including SSRI medications and MAO Inhibitors), antihistamine allergy medications, and Yohimbe.

Addicts commonly point to three reasons for using cough syrup:

1. It's legal (and therefore more acceptable)
2. It's low-cost or free
3. It's seen as being safer than other drugs of abuse.

Methods of Use
Some addicts drink cough syrup undiluted or mixed with sodas. Others soak marijuana joints with the syrup. In some cities, an underground black market has developed for selling syrup. DXM can also be extracted from cough preparations and taken orally, injected, and occasionally freebased.

Types
Examples of cough preparations include Drixoral Cough Liquid Caps, Robitussin AC, Dectuss, Phenergan with Codeine, Phensedyl, and Pherazine with Codeine.

I hope your pneumonia sorts itself out soon. :) ........ or not if you enjoy the syrup. :rolleyes:

- Cough Preparations -

Cough Preparations
Many cough preparations, especially cough suppressants, contain codeine or DXM (Dextromethorphan). Codeine and other opiates are very effective cough suppressants, but they are addictive. DXM, a powerful psychoactive drug, is particularly addictive. Cough syrup abusers can obtain the drug from their doctors by complaining about coughs and other cold symptoms. Ingredients in many cough preparations are considered to be dangerous in combination with other drugs, particularly antidepressants (including SSRI medications and MAO Inhibitors), antihistamine allergy medications, and Yohimbe.

2. It's low-cost or free

Methods of Use
Some addicts drink cough syrup undiluted or mixed with sodas. Others soak marijuana joints with the syrup. In some cities, an underground black market has developed for selling syrup. DXM can also be extracted from cough preparations and taken orally, injected, and occasionally freebased.

Types
Examples of cough preparations include Drixoral Cough Liquid Caps, Robitussin AC, Dectuss, Phenergan with Codeine, Phensedyl, and Pherazine with Codeine.

I hope your pneumonia sorts itself out soon. :) ........ or not if you enjoy the syrup. :rolleyes:

lol... WHAT?

My particular Favorite is Codeine. :rolleyes::D

Get well soon Ann!

- Cough Preparations -

Cough Preparations

2. It's low-cost or free

Methods of Use

Types

Yeah, I heard that, too.

did you check this out?

Ann,
I've got news to cheer you up; Ross is home.:)The bad news is he probably won't be on VR for a day or so to read that you've got pneumonia.:( I guess you need to recover quickly so he won't worry once he does read the news!:)
Take care, rest up, and enjoy the cough syrup!

Ann, I'm so sorry you are sick. Do as everyone says and obey the doc. Try to stay out of the hospital as long as you can keep making progress at home. There are just too many germs floating around the halls. You are officially on my prayer list:)

Ann,
I've got news to cheer you up; Ross is home.:)The bad news is he probably won't be on VR for a day or so to read that you've got pneumonia.:( I guess you need to recover quickly so he won't worry once he does read the news!:)
Take care, rest up, and enjoy the cough syrup!

Thanks. I just found it.

Now I can peacefully watch "Smarter than a...", let my daughter slap my vicks'ed chest with hot towels, vicks my feet bottoms and put on the sox, take more cough medicine and sleep it off til tomorrow under lots of covers so as to sweat lots more.

Thanks. I just found it.

Now I can peacefully watch "Smarter than a...", let my daughter slap my vicks'ed chest with hot towels, vicks my feet bottoms and put on the sox, take more cough medicine and sleep it off til tomorrow under lots of covers so as to sweat lots more.

Ann, take care of yourself. Sorry you're not well, but our prayers are being offered for your quick and complete recovery.

Smarter Than A 5th Grader was pre-empted here by a stupid baseball game (no offense meant to my baseball fan friends). Hope you get good rest anyway. ;)

Nighty night

Nighty night

Ann take care and good thoughts and of course
our strenght for you in our prayers.
Rest as this isnot fun....been there and done this to
take care!:)

zipper2 (DEB)

Oh no, poor you! at least you've got some good advice, Vick's is really good, especially when it's hot. I have been known to put it in boiling water and inhale, I get terrible sinus pains at times . . . As for the cough syrup, one double dose isn't going to do you much harm, but just watch it, as the worse you feel, the more likely you are to forget.

I remember whn I had chickenpox at the age of 40, I never slept one whole night, (I had spots everywhere)was up every 30 minutes either in the bathtub with cool water or under a cool shower, and I think every time I was up I had another Benadryl! When my mother came home, I told her if I fell to the floor frothing at the mouth, she was to call an ambulance and tell them I had overdosed on anti-histamines - then went back to bed and caught up on my sleep lol

Back