i have been to far away from the site!!!! SORRY!! :(

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malibu82

*i tried to fix my spelling error in the thread title, it wont let me!

Are there a lot of people who come and go from this site?
Unfortunately I am one of them. I have been realizing it for awhile now but can you believe I have been too lazy to log in....

Joining in 2010 after learning of my condition I was so scared and had so many questions. I needed help. I wanted opinions and true stories. I found those here. Pre and Post surgery. But after surgery paranoia got the best of me. I realized I needed to push as far away as I can from these types of groups or pages. I was so scared that every ache or pain was my heart. I didn't want it to consume my life so I stopped coming on here. And it did really help ME. But then what about the people that were in the same spot I was in earlier? I haven't been there to help them the way you all helped me.

It led me to think...for all of you have been on this site for a long time. How many people have you seen like me, who come and go? I feel like heart valve problems are being diagnosed more frequently every year.

So here is my story:

December 2008: normal delivery
December 2009: normal delivery
December 2009: horrible headache from failed epidural 5 days earlier. hospital did a ct scan and said everything looks great except for my heart. i had a bi cuspid aortic valve and an aneurysm of 4.8 centimeters...i was told i was lucky to have lived through previous births. my babies also had no heart problems.

May 2010: i had an aortic valve replacement and chose tissue because i wanted my life to get back to "normal"...no blood thinners or anything. just as close to normal as possible. it was so hard to go in for surgery with a 1 year old and 5 month old at home :(
December 2013: C section birth delivery only because I was 41 weeks pregnant and not progressing!!! I gave birth to my 3rd perfect and healthy baby girl :)

now i feel like my tissue valve may be on its last leg. i did have an echocardiogram at 30 weeks pregnant and it looked awesome. however after giving birth i havent yet been back to see the doctor. im just not feeling 100% anymore. ill let you know how my next cardio visit goes! good luck to everyone out there and if you have any questions, please message me so i can help :)

Last edited:
Just wondering what you mean by not 100%? And why you think it is your heart? How old are you? That can make a difference on how long your valve lasts. Having three kids so close together can make you tired. I would not add any stress and worry about it. And please do let us know how you make out, all us tissue valve people would be curious.

*i tried to fix my spelling error in the thread title, it wont let me!

Are there a lot of people who come and go from this site?
Unfortunately I am one of them. I have been realizing it for awhile now but can you believe I have been too lazy to log in....

Joining in 2010 after learning of my condition I was so scared and had so many questions. I needed help. I wanted opinions and true stories. I found those here. Pre and

It led me to think...for all of you have been on this site for a long time. How many people have you seen like me, who come and go? I feel like heart valve problems are being diagnosed more frequently every year.

Hi Malibu82!

How nice to hear from you and congrats on the birth of your baby girl!
I,too went through a time when I wasn't on this site for some of the same reasons (as well as others) that your mentioned. "Life" also got in the way and I finally managed to get back into more of a 'routine' (although not as often as I would like) to try and give back to this forum and all the people who were so good to me when I was going through my surgery.

I have to agree with KnotGuilty. Gee, every family member or friend I know who has had a 'third' child all said how incredibly busy their lives became and how 'sleep' deprived and tired they were. How are you sleeping?

Also, other health issues other than heart such as anemia and hypothyroidism can contribute to fatigue. Have you made an appt. with your GP?

Good luck with everything and sending positive thoughts to you. Hopefully, your doctor can put your mind at ease. Keep us posted. :)

Back