I have been tested for COVID

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarashreen

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Hi Everyone. I have been tested positive for COVID-19. I had mild symptoms like Chills under temp 99, cough. I am aortic valve regurgitation patient(Congenital heart disease) and has not undergone valve replacement. What precautions should I take? I am more worried and anxious with my underlying heart condition. Has anyone in this forum faced similar situation? Should I go to emergency? Should I take Monoclonal antibodies? Please advise

my advice is to keep an eye on your health, if you experience symptoms which are more than mild then do go into hospital

do not take any specific treatments unless it gets worse.

you don't mention your age, but I fished it out of your BIO, so at 34 I'd say unless you're obese, have diabetes, have some chronic lung disease then you'll be fine.

Best Wishes

my advice is to keep an eye on your health, if you experience symptoms which are more than mild then do go into hospital

you don't mention your age, but I fished it out of your BIO, so at 34 I'd say unless you're obese, have diabetes, have some chronic lung disease then you'll be fine.

Best Wishes

Best Wishes
Yes. I am 34. I dont have any ongoing symptoms. I am not obese and I dont have any chronic lung disease. I am more worried about developing symptoms in coming days with my diseased heart valve. Today is my 9th day since I have been infected. I believe I got infected from plane on 7th Feb. I had mild symptom on Day 6 which went away on Day 7. I had COVID test on Day 6. Today again I have given the samples for COVID.

I am more worried about developing symptoms in coming days with my diseased heart valve. Today is my 9th day since I have been infected.
well either the symptoms will develop (in which case seek aid if that's needed) or they won't.

worrying will not do anything more than make you more likely to erode your health with anxiety.

As you ticked no to all the major known issues I would not worry. Also, don't over play "diseased valve" ... its not a known factor that I've heard of yet.

Rest, eat well (and healthy) and keep an eye on your symptoms.

Best Wishes

well either the symptoms will develop (in which case seek aid if that's needed) or they won't.

worrying will not do anything more than make you more likely to erode your health with anxiety.

As you ticked no to all the major known issues I would not worry. Also, don't over play "diseased valve" ... its not a known factor that I've heard of yet.

Rest, eat well (and healthy) and keep an eye on your symptoms.

Best Wishes
Amazing words. You made my day 😊

Hi Everyone. I have been tested positive for COVID-19. I had mild symptoms like Chills under temp 99, cough. I am aortic valve regurgitation patient(Congenital heart disease) and has not undergone valve replacement. What precautions should I take? I am more worried and anxious with my underlying heart condition. Has anyone in this forum faced similar situation? Should I go to emergency? Should I take Monoclonal antibodies? Please advise
At your age you should be fine. I have aortic stenosis, with a heavily calcified valve. I tested positive for Covid in June and had mild symptoms for 2 days, then felt good as ever on day 3 and haven't had any lingering symptoms. So, at least for me, my valve disease did not seem to be a factor and I would expect this will be the case for you, especially at your young age. As Pellicle noted, I am not aware of any data suggesting that we are at higher risk for Covid complications. One possible positive for me is that I am likely to be having surgery in the coming weeks or months. So far, I still have high levels of antibodies, as confirmed each time that I donate convalescent plasma (they test each time you donate so as they want to make your you still have strong antibodies before using them for therapy) I'm not sure if they will vaccinate me prior to surgery, but I see it as a good thing going into surgery with the antibodies. I would not want to be dealing with Covid while in recovery from surgery.

At your age you should be fine. I have aortic stenosis, with a heavily calcified valve. I tested positive for Covid in June and had mild symptoms for 2 days, then felt good as ever on day 3 and haven't had any lingering symptoms. So, at least for me, my valve disease did not seem to be a factor and I would expect this will be the case for you, especially at your young age. As Pellicle noted, I am not aware of any data suggesting that we are at higher risk for Covid complications. One possible positive for me is that I am likely to be having surgery in the coming weeks or months. So far, I still have high levels of antibodies, as confirmed each time that I donate convalescent plasma (they test each time you donate so as they want to make your you still have strong antibodies before using them for therapy) I'm not sure if they will vaccinate me prior to surgery, but I see it as a good thing going into surgery with the antibodies. I would not want to be dealing with Covid while in recovery from surgery.

Thank you Chuck for your kind words and hope. How Do I count 14 days? Today is 11th day since exposure and 6th day since symptoms started.

14 days should be counted from Feb 7th(day of exposure) or from Feb 13th(Day of first symptom)?

Not sure when my other family members start showing symptoms.

Here are my timelines

7th Feb - I was exposed to COVID in the flight during our travel. My husband and my kid also travelled in same flight.

13th Feb - I had mild chills and temperature under 99F. Had body ache and had cough. Me, My husband and kid gave samples for RTPCR.

14th Feb - My chills ended. No fever.

15th Feb - Our test results came. Mine came back as positive and others came back negative.

16th Feb - We went for another RTPCR test.

17th Feb - Our test results came. Mine came back as positive and others came back negative.

18th Feb - We are getting isolated since 15th Feb night.

Thank you Chuck for your kind words and hope. How Do I count 14 days? Today is 11th day since exposure and 6th day since symptoms started.

14 days should be counted from Feb 7th(day of exposure) or from Feb 13th(Day of first symptom)?

Not sure when my other family members start showing symptoms.

Here are my timelines

7th Feb - I was exposed to COVID in the flight during our travel. My husband and my kid also travelled in same flight.

13th Feb - I had mild chills and temperature under 99F. Had body ache and had cough. Me, My husband and kid gave samples for RTPCR.

14th Feb - My chills ended. No fever.

15th Feb - Our test results came. Mine came back as positive and others came back negative.

16th Feb - We went for another RTPCR test.

17th Feb - Our test results came. Mine came back as positive and others came back negative.

18th Feb - We are getting isolated since 15th Feb night.
Hi,
Here are the current guidelines from the CDC, hope it helps:
"For most persons with COVID-19 illness, isolation and precautions can generally be discontinued 10 days after symptom onset and resolution of fever for at least 24 hours, without the use of fever-reducing medications, and with improvement of other symptoms. "
So, since Feb 13 was your first day of symptoms, that would mean that Feb 23 would be your date to end isolation, as long as you have been fever free for at lease 24 hours, which it sounds like you are already clear of the fever. Like you, I was fortunate and managed not to pass it on to my family.

Hi,
Here are the current guidelines from the CDC, hope it helps:
"For most persons with COVID-19 illness, isolation and precautions can generally be discontinued 10 days after symptom onset and resolution of fever for at least 24 hours, without the use of fever-reducing medications, and with improvement of other symptoms. "
So, since Feb 13 was your first day of symptoms, that would mean that Feb 23 would be your date to end isolation, as long as you have been fever free for at lease 24 hours, which it sounds like you are already clear of the fever. Like you, I was fortunate and managed not to pass it on to my family.
Okay. Thank you. I am worried if I could have passed it on to my family. Should they get retested?

Okay. Thank you. I am worried if I could have passed it on to my family. Should they get retested?
I would probably have them retested again to make sure. I had each of my family members tested a couple of times after I tested positive, to make sure that they did not have it. Some people don't have symptoms, so if they have had exposure to you, it would be a good idea to make sure of their status. If they are positive, you don't want them passing it on, and if they come back negative that will likely give you piece of mind.

I would probably have them retested again to make sure. I had each of my family members tested a couple of times after I tested positive, to make sure that they did not have it. Some people don't have symptoms, so if they have had exposure to you, it would be a good idea to make sure of their status. If they are positive, you don't want them passing it on, and if they come back negative that will likely give you piece of mind.
Okay. When is the best time to get retested for them? They were with me until 15 feb.

Okay. When is the best time to get retested for them? They were with me until 15 feb.
Most references indicate to get tested 5-7 days after exposure. If you test before that a person may test negative before covid has replicated enough for them to test positive. I tested my family about 5 days after exposure to me and then again about 10 days after exposure to me. Until we had double confirmation of them testing negative, we kept them quarantined and especially made sure to keep them away from grandma.
https://nortonhealthcare.com/news/h...esting tends,patients are exhibiting symptoms.

Most references indicate to get tested 5-7 days after exposure. If you test before that a person may test negative before covid has replicated enough for them to test positive. I tested my family about 5 days after exposure to me and then again about 10 days after exposure to me. Until we had double confirmation of them testing negative, we kept them quarantined and especially made sure to keep them away from grandma.
https://nortonhealthcare.com/news/h...esting tends,patients are exhibiting symptoms.
Which type of testing did your family members took after 5 days and 10 days? RTPCR or Rapid testing?

Which type of testing did your family members took after 5 days and 10 days? RTPCR or Rapid testing?
It was not the rapid testing. It was the LHI government sponsored testing that took 2-5 days. It was very convenient. Appointments were always available and only 5 minutes from our home. Never a wait- in and out within about 5 minutes.

Today 24th February is 11th day since my first symptoms started. I feel better now and don’t have any symptoms. My husband was tested positive on 21st feb and he has mild symptoms. I assume my kid also having it.

Today 24th February is 11th day since my first symptoms started. I feel better now and don’t have any symptoms. My husband was tested positive on 21st feb and he has mild symptoms. I assume my kid also having it.
Glad that you feel better and no longer have symptoms! You now likely have the best vaccine of all. I tested positive back in June, and as of 3 weeks ago still have strong antibodies, as confirmed by blood test.

Latest posts

Back