I have become surly.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
James, I agree you have been wise to seek help.

I think heart surgery affects us all different. Some worse than others.

Before AVR it was really hard for me to shed a tear. I soon notice after surgery that had completely changed. I water up doing a movie, reading a sad story or even stories about old veterans. Recently read a story in the USO magazine and later tried to tell it to my wife but became all choked up and tears. I couldn't complete the story. That wasn't me before AVR for sure.

Good luck.

James, so many people "just let things happen"; I'm glad you decided to break out of the pattern you found yourself caught up in. Here in VR We've all survived a terminal disease and thanks to our new valves can now look forward to a normal life. Dealing with anxiety and depression can make this new future a much more joyful one. Take Care.

Larry

James, It takes a much bigger person to reach out and ask for help, so good for you! I hope you are able to find some peace with this and things work out for the best.

Kim

Very good advice from other members.. for me, the most noticeable change for me has been my memory.. I've been more frustrated with my memory since surgery, but otherwise still the same.. best of luck, I hope things improve for you!

Hey there--
I think what you are going through is normal. You "saw the light". You know that life is too precious to be filling it with BS. The only problem is your "filter button" got turned off, so those things that everyone else thinks-- you say and do. It's hard, but relearning those skills, or finding the strength to implement them, will take time. I've heard that writing yourself emails and whatnot can help. In any case... don't feel alone.
Sammy has been highly emotional since his surgery. He doesn't put up with his brother's disobedience-- so he tells them bluntly that "mom said not to do that..." And if anyone contradicts him, he goes into this spiral where he begins to sob and breath fast.
He'll get better with time-- as will you. With the right support and tools.... you can do anything (although, sometimes people do just need a wakeup call regarding their actions/stupidity!)

James I have always had a problem with BS. I cant be bothered even engaging with or playing the perpetrators petty games, my passive aggressive approach often has my desired outcome of infuriating them even more initially until they figure out they are not going to get their hoped for response and give up.

TXGal have you noticed any difference in your memory since stopping Metoprolol?
My short term memory was hopeless when I was on it; I struggled to read things like multipage technical documents. This resolved within weeks of stopping beta blockers.

Congratulations in getting help James. It is a very wise decision. The people here on this forum REALLY do care! You are going to be just fine. Please be patient with yourself and others.

Take care

Back