I got the proclamation from Gov. Gregoire

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

delvalle6

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Just a little something I've been working on... I wrote a few letters... and recieved a sealed proclamation from Governor Chris Gregoire of the state of Washington proclaiming Feb 7-14 Congenital Heart Defects Awareness Week.:p I'm so thrilled! I'll be going to my kids school and my work with it to encourage awareness... I can fax it to anyone who would like a copy....

So what does that mean? I have a lot of free time right now, or I will when my parents decide to leave town and stop babysitting me.. I could maybe do something?

That's great. Why not call your local TV news and newspaper and write up a little PR blurb for them to put out to the public. They might even want to personalize it with your own story.
John

Good for you!! Please keep us posted on your progress with that and how the communities receive you and where you're taking it next.

Your Sammy will grow big and strong and be so very proud of his Mama!!!

Congrats!

Marguerite

I let TCHIN.org know that I got that proclamation-- and since I live in one state and work in another I actually requested a proclamation in the state of Oregon....(haven't heard from Kulongoski yet tho) I tried to get a public signing, but neither governor was available before the 7th of Feb. What I am going to do though is try to get Kaiser Permanente to back the awareness move and see if I can't get them to put a little something together for families in need or donate to Spencer's fund. It would be great PR for Kaiser since they opened their cardiovascular department in March (2009).
Brochures and stickers are available from TCHIN.ORG at no cost. Heart pins to symbolize CHD Awareness are available there too-- they are $5 each I think.
The idea is a little like the cancer campaign- the more people know the more progress will be made in the technology and care of patients with heart disease.
I'll update in here if I get the proclamation from Oregon too.... I had to smile... I used TCHIN's template for part of my letter- then added a couple of paragraphs of my own... my sister said that the secretary who opened the letter would cry:eek: She said that was a good thing--but it wasn't my intent.

Hey Delvalle6,

Way to go on the proclamation! Gov Gregoire is great about getting behind requests like this. Congratulations for asking for this on behalf of your family and all the rest of us and for the success in receiving!

I no longer have fax capability but if you scanned a copy I would post it at work and forward to others for distribution .

Mark

I'll see what I can do about a scanned copy....

I received a call from Ted Kolungoski's office (Gov. in Oregon) and the proclamation is in process:) They said they would also send me a PDF file of the proclamation--so as soon as I get that I will post it as well.

Back