I finally landed a new job....

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WayneGM

.....after searching for over 9 months. Interestingly enough it's back with my old employer but in sales at a local office. It pays to keep in contact with people you've worked with before. In this case it was with a Regional President I used to work for. An opening came up in her region and she thought it could be a fit for me.

No more commuting into Toronto (1.5 hours each way). The pay is less than what I was making before but I get to keep the severance package I got when I was "restructured" and they will reinstate my tenure, which in the long term really makes a big difference to my pension when I retire. I also get to keep my 5 weeks vacation entitlement. All things considered, it's a better outcome than I expected as I wasn't having much luck landing a new job comparable to my previous one. It seems every interview I went to was with somebody 15 year younger than me, and they could pay somebody younger much less than me. It's also a return to my roots in a role I did much earlier in my career which I really enjoyed at the time. Instead of being one of those "Head Office" marketings guys, I'm now back to working directly with clients as a Financial Planner.

Whew....I'm glad the uncertainty is over with and I can get my life back to normal now that I know what my next pay cheque will be. Thanks for all the kind words of support when I've vented about my job loss from time to time.

Congratulations, Wayne.
Your good news is a day brightner for me!
When do you go back to work?

That is great news!!! Glad you found a job that lets you keep all your benifits that you had. When do you start? Are you doing fine health wise? Congratulations!!:D

That's wonderful news- best wishes in your new job- it sounds like a winner!

oh, wow - altogether, now - take a deep breath and go WHEW!

We knew you'd come out on top. It's been a long haul for you but how wonderful that you are back where you belong. Congratulations! Blessins.........

Congrats to you!!! I know how very stressful being unemployed can be on everyone in a family. Enjoy your new position.

Kim

Thanks everyone! I'm really excited to get out and feel productive again. :D I start on Monday. While I kept busy around the house with chores and stuff, in between applying for jobs and networking, I felt a bit lost without a "job" to go to.

Wayne,

I'm thrilled to hear that news! I have really appreciated the support you have shown to me and all others on this site and think you're a really special person. I knew you would come through this bad spot eventually. Congratulations on your new beginning!

Wonderful news Wayne.

I am REALLY happy for you. I have wondered quite a few times how things had worked out for you but I didnt like to ask.

Well done for sticking at it. Its not easy to take knockbacks and get up and try again, but you did and it payed off.

That news has made my day. :cool:

That's great news and I fully know what a relief it is on a person emotionally. I abhor living life full of uncertainty.

Congratulations, Wayne! That is very good news.

Wishing you the very best! Have a great day next Monday!!!

Marguerite

good for you ! money isn't everything, and it sounds like you will enjoy the position, and it will give you time to slow down and smell some of the roses, too ! Sounds like a win-win-win to me.

Latest posts

Back