I can't stop crying

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

Carnelian

I search Google Scholar or academic databases for professional peer reviewed studies, though they may not be full text, or you can purchase it. Some public or academic libraries have access to medical databases. It usually takes much time and patience.

If this disturbs you in future then maybe a psychiatrist is worth visiting with insurance..

LondonAndy

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
It is an interesting question, but not quite sure why it is a problem. I think I cry at things quite readily - be they dog rescues on Facebook videos, or dramatic scenes in films. Since reading this question I have been wondering if this has increased since heart surgery, but can't remember! Never thought of it as a problem though. Aren't 21st century men supposed to embrace their emotions? :)

(If it progresses to wailing, then yes, you have a problem!)

d333gs

The lack of response to the original post suggests the subject is still pretty taboo. I think it is a result of increased empathy after a the traumatic event of heart surgury.I guess the issue is that you dont want the uncontrolled physical reaction that takes place along with it. Is it something you are beginning to dread? Like a blushing episode? Which makes the whole thing worse........

carolinemc

The lack of response to the original post suggests the subject is still pretty taboo. I think it is a result of increased empathy after a the traumatic event of heart surgury.I guess the issue is that you dont want the uncontrolled physical reaction that takes place along with it. Is it something you are beginning to dread? Like a blushing episode? Which makes the whole thing worse........
they are in denial that they are depressed and do suffer urges to cry. I did the first two years, due to my job's supervisor at the time, made us work a few Saturday's and it was very hard on me trying to still heal from surgery. But her boss stopped the nonsense.

Estrazz

I too was very emotional for several months post op. Like the OP, the smallest things set me into an emotional rollercoaster. Songs, commercials, even the way someone or one of my dogs would look at me. It sure did not take much to get the waterworks going. Now, I too am back to "normal".

Superman

Aren't 21st century men supposed to embrace their emotions? :)

Be cautious around men too in touch with their emotions. Chances are, the only emotions they are in touch with are their own. 😁

Goes back prior to the 21st century though. I recall the expression, “I’m a sensitive man of the ‘90’s”, being used quite often back in the day.