I am now an official ProTime user.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hank

VR.com Founder, Now just a Member
Today I received a ProTime Microcoagulation system from Q.A. Services. Lance and the crew down there set me up and we're most helpful.

I promptly watched the video, read the quick start guide, plugged in the machine, opened a cuvette and inserted it in the machine. When the machine told me to, I stuck my finger with the handy dandy sticker thing and fed it a couple of drops of the good stuff. A few seconds later it produced an INR reading which was right in line with what the lab has been giving me.

Freedom from the lab - YEA!!! :D :D :D :D :D :p

Thank you Lance and Q.A. Services!

(Best Austin Powers accent) - "Freedom Baby, Yeah!"

(Best Austin Powers accent) - "Freedom Baby, Yeah!"

I'm not on Coumadin, but I would imagine the machine would be a comfort, instead of feeling off one day and wondering if you've got a problem or not.

Congrats, Hank.
Kev

Just like I said Hank.....YOUR FREE of the lab!! Enjoy you new found 'freedom'!

It feels great!

Congratulations,

Great news Hank. We've all been waiting with bated breath for you to get your machine. Enjoy the freedom. You deserve it.

Coagulator

Coagulator

Hey Hank thats great..... what was the cost of the machine?
How much for the supplies? i.e. how much per pop or poke?

Granted Insurance might pay or might not, I am not really picky about that. Just how much is or was the initial outlay and how much to keep feeding it. Not Blood, but cash.

Sam - Ticker who just wants to know...

Hi Sam,

The tests cost $10. each for the Protime Unit.

My insurance company paid 80% of my unit cost, and it also pays 80% of the testing supplies for pokes and sticks as you say. So, my ongoing cost is only $2.00 per test.

Rob

It's definitely worth it to self check the INR, especially since I'm tapering off a 10 month chemotherapy, the taper which definitely alters INR; and will in a couple of weeks be going on interferon gamma, which also will undoubtedly change INR. (The nurse from Quality said that indeed interferon has an INR raising effect.)

Locally, there's no alternative for INR determination, so I'm very glad to have the Protime. Can take on vacation too. Pretty nifty.

Back