I am From india

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

competent123

English is not my first language so please pardon if i type something inappropriate.

I am a 32 year old male, was getting shortness of breath in 2014, so i got myself checked, and it showed that my aortic valve had stenosis ( basically it was not able to close properly so it was leaking both sides,

i had severy aortic stenosis so i had to go through a composite valve replacement surgery on 27th January 2015.

Bentall procedure.

I hope i will be able to help some of you with my experiences, observations and opinions.

Welcome to the forum and happy to see that you made it through your valve replacement in January!

I hope that all is going well with you and that you are feeling stronger and much better with each passing day.

Did you have your surgery in India?

Congratulations on the successful outcome. A couple of questions:
1) What was your aortic root dimension before surgery? You mentioned Bentall, meaning root also got replaced. Was ascending aorta replacement as well, and what were the dimensions there?
2) How bad was your stenosis? The pressure gradient at the valve? The size of the opening before the surgery?
3) Which medical center/hospital in India did you get this done and what was the surgeon's name?

Latest posts

Back