I am flabbergasted

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who is this Dr. Gourmet and what is Harlan Bros. Productions?

This makes us sound like diabetics, who have to monitor intake of carbs, other food groups.

Excuse me while I step outside and go running down the street outside my office....................................

Timothy S. Harlan, M.D.
Dr. Harlan is a practicing, board-certified Internist and he is currently the Medical Director of Outpatient Clinics, Associate Chief of General Internal Medicine, and Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine at Tulane University School of Medicine in New Orleans. His love of food preparation began as a teenager working in the restaurant business. Starting as a dishwasher, he worked his way up to managing his first restaurant by the age of eighteen. Along the way he learned cooking from many fine chefs, and at age twenty-two opened his own restaurant: a small country-French café.

Three years operating Le Petit Café—creating menus, being a chef and teaching cooking classes—were challenging and creative. Closing the restaurant to return to college was an important turning point in his life. Dr. Harlan had originally intended to pursue a degree in hotel and restaurant management, but events led him toward medicine and the decision to become a physician.

After finishing an undergraduate degree in anthropology and biology at Emory University in Atlanta, Dr. Harlan went on to study at Emory University School of Medicine. Working as a caterer throughout school, he continued to be involved with food and cooking but noticed a lack of knowledge in the medical field about eating healthy and eating well. Neither patients nor health care providers understood much about a healthful diet. Patients, it seemed, were usually told not what they could eat but, rather, what they could not eat.

In medical school, Dr. Harlan wrote It's Heartly Fare, a book best characterized as a food manual for patients with cardiovascular disease. It is published by Pritchett & Hull Associates and is currently in its fourth edition. His latest book, Hand on Heart, is published by ENDpapers publishing.

Dr. Gourmet has been an on air consultant to the TV Food Network show Cooking Thin. He is also a host on the DIY network show, AskDIY, with segments airing on the DIY network as well as in syndication. In 2002 The Dr. Gourmet Show, which aired on regional public television, won an Emmy® award.

Dr. Gourmet® is a natural outgrowth of Dr. Harlan's interest in good food and good health: "Eating well and eating healthy is the same thing," he says.

Have a question about food, health, or The Quality Calorie Diet? Ask Dr. Gourmet.

He had signed up as member here and started trying to sell his book which got him banned. Look through his list of Coumadin diet foods. There is practically nil in the greens department.

http://www.drgourmet.com/warfarin/index.shtml

LOL you're right - can't say I recall Emeril cooking many green things!

What about the study that shows that some Vit. K can actually keep an INR more stable?

Ross, why do you call it a brother site and not a sister site? Is it because we know that girls are smarter than that?

80 mcg is the amount of actual Vitamin K we need daily.
It could be 10 cups of iceburg lettuce, or one sprig of cooked broccoli.

Oh boy, don't tell Dr. Gourmet, but I eat more then a cup of these baby cabbage heads and looky at whats in one cup! 218.9 mcgs

capture_27072009_153406.jpg

Amazing isn't it. I still stay in range. It's not by chance either. People need to learn that diet is such a small part of ACT that it's almost insignificant.

Since being on Warfarin I've been eating just exactly what I feel like eating. I do have a healthy diet on the whole, and a varied diet too, loads of greens, meats, fish and I drink wine and beer when ever I feel like a drink. I take Omega oils, cod liver oil and multi vit including Vit K !
Touch wood, my inr is pretty much bang on every time with a blatant disregard for food and drink... Common sense really is the key.
We've enough to worry about without adding the whole vit K thing to that list .

From the antiques joke department, I have two answers:

Ask it. If he answers, it's a boy. If she answers, it's a girl.

or .....

Look! Blue Booties!

Remember, even in Med school, SOMEONE has to graduate at the bottom of the class. Looks like we found him.

Pass the Spinach, please.

Latest posts

Back